Parents Homeschool parents: off to a good start?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymBeeMom

Proud Parent
I hope all our traditional schooled gymmies are doing fabulous but also wondering how our homeschoolers are faring? I know there are a few of us on here. I have never loved teaching more ( I was a teacher before I homeschooled my dd) than I do teaching my own child. We changed our curriculum a bit from last year and I like the changes. The math goes much faster and is challenging but dd is maintaining her A average so it's all good. My ds is in 1st grade at public school and he is adjusting well. Best wishes for the school year to you all! School + gymnastics+ other activities+ life has been all about striking a balance in our household!

Also, for the traditionally schooled gymnasts that made TOPS camps or travel on a weekday for meets, do your schools give excused absences for them while they are away at camp/meets? Just curious...

We're doing well, despite biting off more than we can chew, per usual. We took a vacation in September (no lines at Disney is a GREAT reason to homeschool) and have been cruising along since then. Our main problem is all the time spent on our awesome co-op and all of the fun extra field trips and enrichment classes available around here - we sort of fall behind at home! As long as the kids love learning, that's what matters to me. And later practices have been no problem around here since they can sleep in a bit.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back