Parents Homeschooling gymnast , college seeker, college team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gaby

Proud Parent
Heading for high school freshman year now. I m trying decide to do PSA homeschooling with dual enrollment in community college.

If your gymnast already finished 3 years of college credit and transferred to , UCLA, which that means your gymnast only have ONE year college level competition?

Heading for high school freshman year now. I m trying decide to do PSA homeschooling with dual enrollment in community college.

If your gymnast already finished 3 years of college credit and transferred to , UCLA, which that means your gymnast only have ONE year college level competition? Then gymnastics career is DONE?

From what I understand, you get four years of eligibility. Assuming all of your college classes were taken during high school (as dual credit), you would still go into college with 4 years of NCAA eligibility. Quite a few gymnasts end up using their extra time of eligibility while they are in grad school. So, if all 3 years worth of your college credits transferred to your school, you could finish your undergrad with your first year and then could continue competing for up to three years while in grad school.

From what I understand, you get four years of eligibility. Assuming all of your college classes were taken during high school (as dual credit), you would still go into college with 4 years of NCAA eligibility. Quite a few gymnasts end up using their extra time of eligibility while they are in grad school. So, if all 3 years worth of your college credits transferred to your school, you could finish your undergrad with your first year and then could continue competing for up to three years while in grad school.

And we have to apply grad school ?

Yes, you would have to apply to grad school. There a few programs that are dual programs with automatic admission but those depend on the school and what you are studying. In general, though, you do have to apply to grad school separately from your undergrad.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back