WAG HOPES skills for 10-11 year olds?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

10/11 year old Hopes is very young and she can wait until she's 12. My daughter tried it and did not like the atmosphere, it gives you some insight to qualifying elite and the tension is quite a bit higher than JO's. It wasn't for my kid and she sensed it right away. She did 5-6 years of level 10 and competes in college now.

Tha you for sharing! This is why we need veteran parents participating. on CB. What does she think of college gym?

Tha you for sharing! This is why we need veteran parents participating. on CB. What does she think of college gym?
She is loving it this year. Last year was very restrictive due to Covid, no crowds, no ability to come home, and the contact tracing was terrible. This year she's able to enjoy college life, football games, parties and the team is went on a retreat and bonded well. Her gym prepared her well for college competition and she competed well. She is happy with her chosen path which is nice to see after all those years of JOs, the driving and sacrifices she and our family made.

Thank you! Are her college coaches largely positive? Is she learning any new skills in college that she plans to compete.

She’s lucky she’s an only child so we never have an issue with dividing time, I can’t imagine how my friends with multiple children do it because I had several months where it felt like all I did was drive her to various doctors, PT and gym.

There’s a small group of them who have been fast tracked and she… fast tracked into the fast track group, she’s caught up with everyone there pretty much but in no way would she be ready to compete level 8-9 skills by next year, specifically on beam, safely.

I love the coach because he treats the kids amazingly, we drive an hour out of the way to be here not for scores, but because he treats her like a human being who has off days - unfortunately his communication and organizational skills are… lacking lol, he’s just working on the assumption that everyone in this group is along for whatever ride we’re going on.

Her body did not enjoy all the fast tracking she recently did and decided to fall apart, so I’d rather she work her PT and proper technique for things.

She has elite aspirations, which is great and all, but I aspire to keep her in one piece first - if she does really well over the next year and at age 10 is somehow at level 8/9, maybe
I don’t know if this has been mentioned yet, but 2022 season the age divisions will stay 11-12 & 13-14. From what I’ve heard, the plan is to keep it that way.

I don’t know if this has been mentioned yet, but 2022 season the age divisions will stay 11-12 & 13-14. From what I’ve heard, the plan is to keep it that way.
Yes this is what I heard too. I'm assuming OP meant she would begin fast-track training to be en-route to Hopes when she is eligible.

Yes this is what I heard too. I'm assuming OP meant she would begin fast-track training to be en-route to Hopes when she is eligible.
I saw that after, she turns 11 at the very end of next year.

Right now… we’re on our way back to the orthopedists so this is not a journey I want her to try, at least for now

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back