Coaches Hot shot grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amommyandacoach

Coach
Proud Parent
Has anyone used hot shot grips recently for their smaller gymnasts? I have always used hot shots because of the narrower palm piece. After "retiring" for a few years to have children, I am back in the gym and when my tops and young optionals were ready for grips I asked them to get Hot shots as that is what i have always used for that age/level. We have had them for less than 6 weeks and they ALL have giant holes in the palm piece and the palm piece is ripping away from the wrist part. 8 pairs of grips and they all have holes in them. Is this normal? I didn't get anywhere with calling the company. We switched them all to ginnasta, I had another coach recommend them. They seem ok so far but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks!

Post pics please.

I have never had any issues with Hot Shots...my daughter wears them.

Which hot shot grip were they using: leather cuff or no leather cuff? I'm guessing these kids were all swinging giants? The reason I ask is because my daughter managed to stretch out her first pair of hot shot grips (no leather cuff), to the point where they were unusable, in about a month. She is a level 5, weighs less than 50lbs and rarely uses water. However, she was also learning giants. I think the leather was just too soft for the skill level. Perhaps this is your problem too? We switched her to the single buckle leather cuff hot shot grips and haven't had a problem.

Yes...my daughter uses the single buckle leather cuff...we have had no issues.

Has anyone used hot shot grips recently for their smaller gymnasts? I have always used hot shots because of the narrower palm piece. After "retiring" for a few years to have children, I am back in the gym and when my tops and young optionals were ready for grips I asked them to get Hot shots as that is what i have always used for that age/level. We have had them for less than 6 weeks and they ALL have giant holes in the palm piece and the palm piece is ripping away from the wrist part. 8 pairs of grips and they all have holes in them. Is this normal? I didn't get anywhere with calling the company. We switched them all to ginnasta, I had another coach recommend them. They seem ok so far but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks!

from US Glove?

US Glove is great...definitely talk with him. I currently have 40+ athletes in US Glove with no issues. I LOVE their grips.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back