How about those men? !!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The guys were incredible! It wasn't a gold, but this is the stuff Olympic dreams are made of. Artemev's pommel horse routine would have been worth the trip to China! It was his moment and I'm so glad I stayed up to watch it. I only wish that David Durante could have been out there on the floor with the rest of the team. Go U.S.A.! We love you guys!

They did an awesome job and should be so proud of their hard work. Artemev more than proved himself as a wonderful team member, I hate pommels, but his totally rocked.:D Horton was awesome on floor and I was totally gobsmacked by Justib Spring on the high bar.

Last edited:
They did such a great job. Artemev's pommel horse routine is just incredible. I too am glad that he was able to have his time in the spotlight.

I am also very happy that Raj gets to take home a medal. I think he really deserves it.

Those landings were stuck like glue! I was having a heart attack with Sasha being up last on pommels for the team, because I am a huge fan of his and almsot cried when he was named alternate. I was worried he would get too worked up and crack after the long wait between him and Raj. I actually love pommel horse as an event, so I was happy to see that SOMEONE on team USA had the ability to hit and deliver a difficult and well-executed routine.

I cried when he HIT that routine and the U.S. team went wild afterwards! He sure pulled through as the perfect team anchor. What a way to end the team finals!

It was AMAZING! im so glad i stayed up to watch the whole thing. I loved it how Raj kept saying "Never give up, never give up" after winning bronze, he's gone through so much to get to that moment.

I'm actually so glad it ended up how it was so Raj and Artemev could get on the team!

I agree with bog, the best moments were justin springs high bar routine, artemev's pommel horse, and horton's floor routine.
haha i was actually so nervous for artemev to be the last to go on pommel horse but he was awesome!

I am so happy they got a medal !!!!

And of course a big 'ol thanks to bog for her version of quick hits commentary - I was too tired and lazy to actually type (it was my b-day - too much wine, hehe) - but I was following along.

They were awesome!

I loved Justin Springs Hi-Bar routine. Did you see how far out he flew on his dismount? He almost landed off the mat! I am very bummed we won't see his hi bar in AA or Event finals. Oh well, we can watch it over and over on NBC Olympics.com! :D

And of course a big 'ol thanks to bog for her version of quick hits commentary - I was too tired and lazy to actually type (it was my b-day - too much wine, hehe) - but I was following along.

Happy birthday, my DD's was Sunday, she was 12 at last, her first time in the front seat of the car ever! Now you know how strict I am.

I'm kinda disappointed that they let the silver medal slip through their fingers on that last event but I happy that they got a medal. Especially when they weren't supposed to be able to qualify to the team finals without the Hamms.

Happy Birthday !!!! You could have amused us :drunk: while we watched swimming :p

Congrats usa men's team! I LOVED watching them last night! High bar was my favorite with Horton's and Spring's stuck landings!! :D:p Artemev's pommel horse was also sooo amazing! He and the rest of the team were so happy afterwards!

I colculated and even without those mistakes USA wouldn't have gotten more than a bronze. That's what a screwed up code does to a team. Did anyone else's hearts stop during Springs and Horton's high bar release move. I seriously thought both of them missed on their Kolmans and Spring's Cassina. My sister even said "he missed it!" before Spring caught his Cassina because it looked so far away! I'm so happy for them, but so upset about hearing "Paul Hamm this Morgan Hamm that." The US got fourth at last years worlds without them so we were in for a medal anyways. And plus Morgan shouldn't have been on the team in the first place and Paul should have been the AA gold medalist.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back