WAG How are region 5 "state teams" determined?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The regional Leo isn't free to us and in order to compete at level 8 regionals you have to buy it. Not sure about the 7s since it's the first year.

The girls at DD's old gym didn't either. Her new gym has already asked for her size but has said nothing about payment and they are usually very thorough in their communication about expected payments and upcoming expenses.

We haven't had any one go to L8 regionals and L7 is new. This year we have eleven L7"s and eight L8's. In the beginning we had discussed paying the fees and coaches fees but never discussed paying for a Leo.

In Illinois, we paid an entry fee of $90 for L7 which included the price of the leo. I don't know what the break down was. I know that the L10 fee was $100 which included the leo. I want the $15 leo!

I paid nothing for regionals and nothing for the leotard. My DD's age group didn't have a state team so she just went as an individual.

Region 8 level 7s had Leo provided. My understanding is that our gym wants the girls to wear their team Leos.
Why would they do that if a leotard was provided for regionals? I have seen one or two individual gymnasts in other short sleeved leos at Regionals from time to time (maybe the size they got didn't fit or something), but I've never seen a whole team not wear the leo. Maybe it differs region to region though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back