How are states going for everyone?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

States are going on all over the contry. How is everyone doing? Good Luck to all who have them to do yet.:D My states are next weekend.:p

i didnt compete in this yrs state cuz i was injured, but it went really well for my teammates. and good luck to u!

It didn't go as well as I would have liked, but here's why: That morning I was in our hotel taking a bath and then I stood up. I was a little dizzy but didn't think much of it and reached for a towel. The next thing I remember is my mom rushing in and my arm hurt. I must have slipped or something because I had a headache, a huge bruise on my arm, and-the best part- the top part of our toilet(by the flusher) was off and shattered in a million pieces. I have no memory of what happened but am told it was really loud. The hotel was super nice about it and even offered to call an ambulance(which we didn't have them do). They gave us free breakfast at their restaurant and didn't charge for the damaged toilet. They were worried we would sue because we were supposed to have a bath mat, but didn't. 3 hours later, I was on a beam. My parents and team called me rockstar all weekend because I 'trashed' our hotel room, and I feel so lucky that I was even able to compete. I could have been seriously injured. My coaches and parents, and friends' parents were realy protective of me all day; my coaches had even told me to stop in the middle of my routine if I felt funny and my team members' parents were always checking on me. I think I'm going to be fine-my arm's a bit sore though.

It didn't go as well as I would have liked, but here's why: That morning I was in our hotel taking a bath and then I stood up. I was a little dizzy but didn't think much of it and reached for a towel. The next thing I remember is my mom rushing in and my arm hurt. I must have slipped or something because I had a headache, a huge bruise on my arm, and-the best part- the top part of our toilet(by the flusher) was off and shattered in a million pieces. I have no memory of what happened but am told it was really loud. The hotel was super nice about it and even offered to call an ambulance(which we didn't have them do). They gave us free breakfast at their restaurant and didn't charge for the damaged toilet. They were worried we would sue because we were supposed to have a bath mat, but didn't. 3 hours later, I was on a beam. My parents and team called me rockstar all weekend because I 'trashed' our hotel room, and I feel so lucky that I was even able to compete. I could have been seriously injured. My coaches and parents, and friends' parents were realy protective of me all day; my coaches had even told me to stop in the middle of my routine if I felt funny and my team members' parents were always checking on me. I think I'm going to be fine-my arm's a bit sore though.

I totally saw you today...you told Cheryl the other coach from Wausau this story and I was sitting right next to her. Small world. I hope you are feeling better.

That's really weird! I was really talking to Ashley. Hre and I met last year and we always make it a point to see how everything's going and wish each other good luck. I'm doing a lot better, but my arm's still sore.

Wow thats really eventful.................... I'm glad you are okay though!

I don't have states til May 11 and 12? Then soon after states is regionals then NATIONALS! haha i can't wait.

What a crazy time for you! I am glad you werent hurt bad. Most people wouldnt even compete after something like that, but it just goes to show you how strong you are! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back