WAG How big is your gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OzZee

Proud Parent
From posts I've read on here I gather most gyms in the US are much bigger than they are here in Australia.
So how big is your gym? (I hear of clubs with 20+ girls per level all the way through, plus rec classes, we'd have to run classes 24 hours a day to fit everyone in, lol).

Most gyms here are one full sized floor area. Beam area - say 4 beams. 2 sets of uneven bars, one metal bar. Pit if you are lucky. Tumble tramp if you are lucky. Vault.
There are some larger and some smaller (some don't have a full size floor, or no pit or no tumble tramp).
One in our area has 2 floor areas and say double everything else. Even the big new main gymnastics centre (where all the major competitions are held) has similar to the above, though there is a men's gym, women's gym, rhythmic and acro gym - all in a row with screens to separate when needed so two floor areas can be used etc.

My daughter's gym is very small and it worries me because every where else I go they have much more space and equipment. At my daughter's gym there is the floor, 2 beams, 2 bars, one vault, and a tumble trak with pit and bars. They don't get much variety in their training because they do not have any space for extra mats, or any of the small equipment I see used in drills or even doing side stations while others are on equipment. I have often wondered if slows down the pace of learning.

Our gym is woefully small. We have one full size floor. Two sets of bars, one of which lands in a pit. One vault that lands in the pit so no solid landing area. Our Pbars are crammed next to our unevens. We have a tumble track into the pit and two rectangular tramps. Four beams with the pommel close to them. Rings above the floor so if the boys are using them, a quarter of the floor is off limits.

This is for about 50 travel team kids, about 30 in-house team kids, and 75-100 rec kids. Another 25 or so preschool kids go in the separate preschool gym area. We are crammed in there and it is very crowded during the week.

We're pretty decent sized-1 floor, 5 vaults, 10 beams, 3 sets of uneven bars, 3 strap bars, and 3 single rails. We've got a tumbl trak, and pits everywhere.

DDs gym is the smallest, by far, in our area. We have one floor, one vault (with a pit), one tumble trak, three sets of bars, and 9 beams (5 full size and 4 practice beams). From any point in the gym you can see every other point. Classes do run from 9am till 9:30pm to fit everyone in.

Our gym fairly small but not too bad. We have a full floor, 3 bars, a strap bar and a pit bar. 3 full beams. One that lands in the pit and one on a hard surface plus 2 low beams. One vault that lands in pit. A tumble track and rod floor. Plus the preschool equipment and boys equipment. This is for about 45 team girls and about 300-350 rec kids.

At my gym we have one regular floor, one rec floor, 6 beams, one vault, one set of bars, 5 rail bars, one star bar, one rec vault area, a tramp, and the preschool area. We are about to get new equipment including a new set of bars and new beam this cool bar thing don't know how to explain it tho, and we rearranging everything. In the new year or so were getting a pit.

We have 1 full sized floor, 4 high beams, 4 low beams, 2 vault runs, tumble trak, 4 sets of bars, 2 high bars, 2 low bars, rod floor, in ground tramp, preschool room, conditioning/dance room, and cheer floor. It's crammed in there. Viewing deck is raised so we can see everything.

Our gym is around 15,000 sq feet. It has a running track around the top so the team girls can run, or parents can walk while their kids are in class. We have a full size spring floor, 3 full bar sets, 3 single rails for rec, a pit with a pit bar, 6 or so beams with different heights, a few floor beams, 2 vault runways, one into the pit one with landing mats, one set of p-bars and a strap bar. The other gym close to us seems similar. We have around 50 team kids and 300 or so rec.

2 full sized floors.
1 team vault, 1 rec vault plus a practice/drill vault
2 uneven bars
2 high bars, plus one high bar over a pit, plus one low bar set up in team area.
3 or 4 bars in rec area
2 parallell bars
6 beams, plus 2 in rec area
Tumbltrak
A few sets of rings
An area with mushrooms and pommel horse
Second foam pit

We have roughly 50 girls on team.
Baby classes have approx. 6 children per class.
Preschool and Rec L1 have 6-8 children per class.
Rec L2 can have 6-10 children per class.
Rec L3 can have up to 16 (2 coaches).

In the "Main Gym"
1 Full Size Spring Floor
3 Full height Beams (2 are adjustable)
1 Low beam
2 sets of Uneven Bars
1 Single Rail Bar
1 Vault Table
1 L3 Vault

"Upstairs"
1 L3 Vault
2 Junior Single Rail Bars
1 P Bars
1 Pommel-less Pommel Horse
Carpet-bonded Foam (full Floor Length, 2/3 width)
Air Track
1 Full height Beam
2 Floor Beams

The "Baby" and Preschool classes stay upstairs. The schoolage rec classes L1 and L2 come down to use the Unevens and rec L3 comes down for Vault, and floor in addition to the Unevens... but they either do it before team starts practice or they work around team. Team uses the air track and occasionally, when there are no classes going on, they use the junior single bars.

We have a very small gym. We have no pit, one set of bars, a full spring floor, four single-rail bars, one vault, one airtrack, three low beams and three high beams.

We have two floors, one for Rec and one for team. We also have two beam areas for rec and team. The team area has two low beams, one medium beam, and like 8 high beams. We have two vaults, one into a pit. We also have a rec bar area and a team bar area with 4 sets of bars, two strap bars, a pit bar, and a trench bar. Our gym is pretty big!

Ours is small and old.
One full size floor.
5 sets of bars
8 sets of beams
1 vault
1 pit bar
1 rod floor
2 strap bars
One pit that the pit bar, vault and rod floor go into

Mind you this is only for our competitive. We have a separate gym for our rec classes which is nice.

We could use some new foam and mats. Other then that I think the equipment is ok.

I would say it's Medium sized.
Compulsory teams are big (3 &4) but they taper off after that.

One floor
10 (?) beams. 5 are for everyone; 5 are mainly for optionals
4 sets of uneven bars
1 high bar, over the pit
1 adjustable single bar
2 vaults
1 trampoline
1 tumble trak
There are 2 separate rooms for the little ones, though they come out to play on the tramps and in the pit.

My dds gym is not very big, it's lot of equipment crammed into a small building, we have 1 full size floor, 1half size floor, 2 sets of uneven bars, 1 single low bar, 1 strap bar, 1 vault, 1 tumble track, 7 beams, and 1 trampoline. We have no pits, the highest level at our gym right now is 9 and the skills she can do are very limited.we have 12 optionally, and I'd say 17 compulsory, I'm not sure how many rec kids we have though

I would say we are medium and growing.

We have one full size floor and one dance floor, three vault runways with different configurations, 8 full height beams, one into the pit plus three low beams and assorted floor beams, three full bar sets, one set of star bars, single high bar over pit and one strap bar. We have a trampoline, a tumble track and a rod floor. Each apparatus can access the pit from somewhere.

We are crowded in there pretty good with excel and developmental groups as well. All the rec programs are at a different location.

We have a full size floor, one vault into to the pit, 2 sets of bars (one into the pit), on tramp, 3 high beam with one into the pit (this one isn't even close to the other beams...), 3 low beams that are very crowded. A bit of a rod floor at the end of the floor so we can tumble into the pit. We have one high bar, 2 sets of rings (one one the pit) 2 parallel bars (one into the pit), 1 pommel horse, 2-3 mushrooms and that's about it. With the new gym, it will be 3times bigger.
4.jpg
5.jpg
We are crowded as each group as usually about 8 to 10 gymnasts. We often don't have the entire floor. Have to do conditioning in between the other groups. We also have to do vault drills on the floor. When higher level girls have to do routines and tumbling, it's not easy. Can't wait to move in the new gym!

Our gym is pretty small. We have one floor, 3 high beams, 2 low beams, 2 sets of bars, 1 vault, a tumble track, and no pits. This serves 45 team gymnasts and about 175 rec gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back