Parents How big is your gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Pipesmom

Proud Parent
My daughter is new to team. Our gym is Xcel only for team, and at the parents’ info session they said there will be about 120 girls on team. This surprised me, as it doesn’t strike me as a particularly big gym and I thought there would be fewer kids. But then I realized I have no frame of reference. Is this big? Small? What is normal?

This seems kind of large, I guess. At my gym its around that, probably a bit more for WAG. Over 5 Xcel levels though, instead of the 1-10 system, maybe that's generally big, but I'd say it's normal. Gyms that are on the larger side tend to have 15-20 compulsories, and then 6-10 on the higher levels.

We have two locations. And probably close to 140 kids between both Xcel and DP (and counting the fun meet kids). I consider it a large program.

Our gym has probably 20ish kids on team including all levels of Xcel and levels 1-10 so we are very small!

I'd say about 35 optionals, 70 compulsory, 50 Xcel.
I have no idea how many rec kids... but a lot, two classes with 5/6 groups every day after school. Gymnastics tends to a be a very popular after school activity in early elementary school, but we lose a lot before we even get them to team.
We are at one of the biggest gyms in our uncompetitive state.

Lower levels 20+ at each level, upper levels 4 - 6 at each level, but COVID put a big hole right in the middle where we have a lack of gymnast, both from a numbers standpoint and a skills standpoint.

Lower levels 20+ at each level, upper levels 4 - 6 at each level, but COVID put a big hole right in the middle where we have a lack of gymnast, both from a numbers standpoint and a skills standpoint.
Interesting, I hadn’t thought about that. I wonder how long it will take for that to correct itself.

I always knew we were at a small gym but I didn't realize how small until reading this thread! We have 11 team girls total. Our gym only does DP and doesn't start team until level 4.

We're big. I'd guess around 100 in DP and around 80 in XCEL. The compulsory levels/bronze-gold are the biggest numbers of girls. As you go up it's smaller.

About 100- DP and Xcel. About even numbers in each. Optionals is small but growing... about 20 L6-L9.

My daughter’s gym has around 100-120 in the dp program and maybe 40 or so in Xcel.. we also have a t&t team with around 20. I think we are a medium large team.

We have a lot of upper level optionals right now and at the meets we went to last year, we often had one of the largest level 9 and 10 teams. We had i believe 18 level 9s and 16 level 10s (And that doesn’t include a few out with injuries)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back