WAG How can I train for "Kip Extension"? Please Help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flaviatumbles

My coach said before I am allowed to start training free hip to handstand pirouette I need to be able to do at least 3, better 5 "kip extensions", also called V-Hang to Inverted Hang and some of our little ones call it "short to lang hang". I hope you know what I mean!

Here is a video:

I can do a V-Hang and an Inverted Hang for 30 secs each but I can't do one single Kip Extension!

How can I train for that and will I be able to do it in 3 months if I start now?

Hope you can help me!

I take it you can do a hanging leg lift to V?

V-candle would be harder than from hang to V to candle.

So try from a hang to leglift to V to candle. Get better at that and see if you can do a pause from the V to candle in time.

I take it you can do a hanging leg lift to V?

V-candle would be harder than from hang to V to candle.

So try from a hang to leglift to V to candle. Get better at that and see if you can do a pause from the V to candle in time.

Thanks for your advice!

Of course, I can do a few leg lifts. Pretty easily on a free bar and on stall bars between 10-15, but I am working on getting 15 consistently!

I can easily do chin-up Pullovers if I do a chin-up and then flip over.

But when I hang on the bar, do one leg lift until feet touching the bar then I can't extend my legs up until I am in an Inverted Hang (candle) while maintaining the arms straight.

What I can do is lowering down from Inverted Hang to V-Hang but most of the time I fall down rather than controlling it!

V-Hang and inverted Hang themselves are no problem for 20-30 secs... Do I simply increase the time for holding these positions?
So annoying :(((

I don't have Vader to spot me

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back