WAG How Can You Tell Who Qualifies

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L10 is a 35 but L9 is still a 34 for Easterns/Westerns...which for those of us from Region 8 would understandably assume that it is a 35 because you have to have a 35 to go to regionals. Last year one of the oldest age groups in R8 did not have 8 competitors for L9 because of the 35 qualification score....so some gymnast was possibly prevented from going to Easterns because she didn't get the 35 at state meet to go to regionals even though she only would have needed a 34 for Easterns.....yes, it is backward!!
Thanks for that correction. I thought it changed for L9 too but you are right, I probably just was getting R8 rules mixed up with Nationals... and that is really sad that the region's own rule prevented themselves from fielding a full team.

When there is a tie for 7th, I understand they both go for a total of 8 in that age group.

Question: What happens if one of those 8 can’t go? Will they then leave it at 7 or will they take the alternate?[/QUOTE
When there is a tie for 7th, the gymnast with the highest individual score competes on the Region team as a team member. The other gymnast competes as an All Star.

GAgymmom, Do you happen to know the answer to my question about the alternate going if only one person drops?

]GAgymmom, Do you happen to know the answer to my question about the alternate going if only one person drops? I know the 9th place alternate gets the swag, but would they compete?

Seems like they would just leave it at 7 people if one dropped rather than adding back another to make 8, but then again, if they gave 9th place the swag then it seems that would mean they’d be in?

]GAgymmom, Do you happen to know the answer to my question about the alternate going if only one person drops? I know the 9th place alternate gets the swag, but would they compete?

Seems like they would just leave it at 7 people if one dropped rather than adding back another to make 8, but then again, if they gave 9th place the swag then it seems that would mean they’d be in?

I believe they would leave the 7, if you had 8 due to a tie, since the true 8th (if ties were broken) would have been your alternate. Did your 9th get the swag? In my DD's age group, we had a tie at 6th so the 7th became 1st alternate but we had the unique situation of getting 2 spots for Region 2, so 7th and 8th places are competing for R2 but if they had not gotten 2 spots, then the 9th girl would not be going as alternate (to the alternate). Hope that makes sense.

I believe they would leave the 7, if you had 8 due to a tie, since the true 8th (if ties were broken) would have been your alternate. Did your 9th get the swag? In my DD's age group, we had a tie at 6th so the 7th became 1st alternate but we had the unique situation of getting 2 spots for Region 2, so 7th and 8th places are competing for R2 but if they had not gotten 2 spots, then the 9th girl would not be going as alternate (to the alternate). Hope that makes sense.
Yes, a 9th got swag. That’s why I’m confused about what would happen.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back