Parents How cool is this?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD just called from camp at ranch and said that Valeri Liukin will be her bars coach this week! I can't believe how cool that is. She is so excited. Between getting to hang out with her idol Tasha Schwikert again and having him as her bars coach, she is in heaven! I can't wait to see pics and hear all about it.

Jen

+1

I wonder how hard it will be for her to focus on her skills while being evaluated by Valeri Liukin himself. Gee.. No pressure there!! Very cool!

That's exactly what we thought too! They just arrived and have to turn around, get changed, and do physical abilities testing. DD probably wont be able to get a cast handstand after such a busy day with no food! Cross our fingers!

Jen

That is really cool.

Once, when my dd was 8 she went to a clinic. Her coach just told us there will be good guest clinicians at it. To our surprise, the guest coaches ended up being Liukin and Marchenko. Dd was thrilled. She came home and told us she had "Carly's coach" and "Nastia's Dad".

Stupendous! Lucky, lucky girl! Hope she soaks it all up and has great memories of her experience there! :D

What a very cool week, but she worked hard and deserves it! The hard part is over, now she can relax and enjoy the experience :D. Hope she has a safe fun time, and a safe trip home. Are you staying close by?

What a very cool week, but she worked hard and deserves it! The hard part is over, now she can relax and enjoy the experience :D. Hope she has a safe fun time, and a safe trip home. Are you staying close by?

We wish. We r back home in Ohio.

how cool!!! He came to a couple of our meets this year with their level 6's and DD just watched him and was telling everyone... "that's nastia's dad" lol... The girl in the blue and red star leo climbing the robe is from our gym... :)

Chris

Hope your dd has a blast. A girl from our gym(1st yr L9) is at the camp this week also. Her mom goes since she is a part time coach at the gym and they always send 1 other coach to any TOPS testing or camps since there are coach seminars etc. I told my gymmie who would be teaching her teammate bars and she said, "oh no, she'll probably forget how to do a kip!" This little girl gets extremely star struck so ought to be interesting to hear how she did with "Nastia's dad."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back