How do you prepare for a meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok so on my team to prepare for a meet we do all sort of things for each event. But mostly we are all being loud and try to distract them so that they can find there focus and we go into teams and whatever team wins the most points get a prize such as skipping push ups while other people do them. So I was wondering what you do to prepare for a meet.

Oh gosh, one time we had to run around the beam and scream while someone was up there doing their routine.
It really changes from meet to meet.
At the actual meet my team is REALLY LOUD. Other teams and judges have told us that we're annoying. haha.

haha you girls are crazy. But that does sound like a lot of fun.
Ya I'm with Tumblegrl.
We just practice having the given amount of time for warm up (and only on the high beam for beam, just like at a meet). Then we practice competing for our coach while everyone is watching.

i have heard of that tactic! but my coaches think im nuts already. It sounds fun though!:D We just do routine after routine after routine after routine..you get the drift. It get annoying but its still fun. On floor we copy each others routines just to annoy eachother. its pretty funny.

My Gym Must Be Boring

My gym must be boring ... LOL. All we do is our routines one after another (Mock meet) ... We're actually pretty quiet though we're loud during a regular practice ... :p

Gymnast

at meets my time does the same thing everytime and it really helps us.. we listen to the eye of the tiger and than we do a pep talk with just the gymnasts and tell everyone our goals for the meet. and after we do that the coaches give us a pep talk.. and NO ONE CAN TAKE THIS SAYING.. OR IT WONT BE PRETTY.. we go in a hundle like what football teams do and we yell KILL IT!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back