How do YOU view ChalkBucket??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jago

Proud Parent
I have a couple of questions for everyone, sparked by a response to a video that I posted of DD6 in the newly formed Brag Alert Community.

1. Do you view the forum from your desktop/laptop while at home or your mobile device(s) while out and about?
  2. How about making posts and responding to posts?

Usually I check in with Chalkbucket with my iPhone while I'm in the parking lot, waiting for school to dismiss DD6. Or while at gym, waiting for DD6. Or at gym waiting for DD3 (while still enjoying her class, of course). Or at their bedtime, waiting for them to fall asleep (doesn't take long :p).

Which, I have to say, does make it a bit of a challenge to actually post/respond to posts. Or to view a video. Even though I have an iPhone 4S, I can't view some videos, depending how they are posted. For instance I can't even view my DD6's video from the phone. That one is more of a YouTube issue, though.

I'm just not very good at typing with only two fingers. Lately, I've had more time during the day to sit at the desktop, as DD6 has been recovering from a little bug so we're staying close to home.

Anyway, I'm just guessing that a lot of parents/gymnasts/coaches are using their mobile devices more than their desktop/laptop. Even though I do see some parents with their laptops at gym, there is no wifi at our gym.

Just Curious!

Last edited:
Usually at home on the desktop. Sometimes at the gym or pool or other place that has wifi. I don't have a phone that has internet.

Almost only from my laptop at home. Once I have looked at something on my i phone. Don't like looking at anything on there though!! Too small!

As I often have to write PM's and moderate stuff and even use the admin panels, I try to view on the PC. If I am out and have to use my iPhone, I hope I don't have to do anything important. It is not bad on the iPad though, but I don't love typing on it.

Lap top here - usually while waiting for laundry to wash and dry or for some other chore to get done. The cell phone and plan we have well its not the big expensive one. The simplest plan where I can make a phone call is about it.

In high school I used our desktop at home. I had a sidekick then, the precursor to a smartphone that was really popular in the Deaf community since it had a QWERTY keyboard and built in relay ops (where someone types and an operator reads that to the number you dial and vise versa let's deaf people "call" hearing people). I couldn't access CB though because the internet was way too slow to load full pages, then most websites had no mobile version.

Now I mostly use my laptop to post. I read a lot though from my phone and while I can type really fast on it I still do things like accidentally tap the screen and everything I just wrote disappers and I get super frustrated! Happened a couple days ago yesterday. I'm on my phone now, let's hope it doesn't disappear :-0

I tend to use both now. The only problem is that when I use my iPhone I tend to make more typos since I can't always read what I type!!! The problems of getting older!!

Usually I use an iPad. I do own a laptop, but since I received my iPad for Xmas I cant be bothered waiting for it to start up. My iPad and I are inseparable now :)

On my gigantor desktop with a flatscreen TV for a monitor.

I've had minor browser issues, but brand new open source beta versions are like that...

WOW! How big is the flatscreen? That must be awfully cool to "do" ChalkBucket on a large flatscreen!

Mostly laptop/desktop but like others I'll use the iPhone while waiting to pick up the kids at school.

It's small as far as flatscreens go, but it's bigger than your average monitor. I can use a GIGANTOR font & still have everything fit. It's definately too big to replace my abdominals when they have that technology available...

/coach nerdy/too tired to make sense/really wants a TV instead of a belly button

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back