Parents How is 2016 TOPS testing going ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Shayfit

Proud Parent
Gymnast
What kind d of scores are being given? Just trying to get an idea what is needed to qualify?

I would also love to know what kind of scores are being given for this years TOPs testing. My daughter is testing as a 10 year old (so her last year to do TOPs) and she has done 2 tests. We received her scores from her first test and she ended up with a total final score of 78.82 and the cut off from last year was 83.71, so she wouldn't make it (boo!!). I don't know her scores from her second test yet but she did a little better in some areas but was only able to hold her handstand for 15 seconds (very unusual for her) and fell off the beam on her front walkover (and her coach didn't tell her that she could try it again, very upset about that!!). She wants to make it to the ranch so badly and she has worked so hard!!! I'm so hoping that maybe the cutoff scores will be a little lower this year but I guess all we can do is wait and see. Good luck to all of the girls that have tested!!!!

I would also love to know what kind of scores are being given for this years TOPs testing. My daughter is testing as a 10 year old (so her last year to do TOPs) and she has done 2 tests. We received her scores from her first test and she ended up with a total final score of 78.82 and the cut off from last year was 83.71, so she wouldn't make it (boo!!). I don't know her scores from her second test yet but she did a little better in some areas but was only able to hold her handstand for 15 seconds (very unusual for her) and fell off the beam on her front walkover (and her coach didn't tell her that she could try it again, very upset about that!!). She wants to make it to the ranch so badly and she has worked so hard!!! I'm so hoping that maybe the cutoff scores will be a little lower this year but I guess all we can do is wait and see. Good luck to all of the girls that have tested!!!!

My daughter fell on her front walkover yesterday too! But I didn't know she could try it again?? I don't think they can? Her coaches hasn't shared her scores so I have no idea, my DD says she got like a 75 at her first test but I don't know if she's right or not. She only did 2 tests. We have a meeting with her coach next week and I'm sure it's to talk about her tests scores. She's testing as an 8 year old

Maybe she wasn't able to try it again?? It's possible that she heard her coach wrong (she's been known to do that before!!). The waiting is just killing me!!!

Waiting is very difficult! I thought it was bad last year waiting to find out if she made the Diamond Team. I am hoping #1, I calculated her score correctly and #2, the cutoff score is similar to last years because that would mean that she made it...oh the suspense!

Yes...I hate waiting! My daughter scored well but you never know how the rest scored. On edge since this will be her last year. She is 10.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back