How long do you keep your floor music for?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

At my gym we keep our floor music for 2 years. Unless you are a senior then you get to get new music for your senior year. You can name any song and get it. When you aren't a senior though, you have to keep it for two years and you can't just be like I want this song for mine! Usually we will just be like I want techno or ballet or elton john then my coach will give us a tape with 4 or 5 songs on it. Then if you hate all of those you can ask for more. lol. Mine right now is walking on sunshine. I get new music after nationals though! YAY!

At my gym this is the third year all of us have had the same music. Now our coach is saying that she wants us to keep it for another year because since we will have new skills she wants us to be comfortable with the routine, and i dont blame her. and .... we all know eachothers routines by heart!!

Usually our girls use it for 2 seasons, but that's because they buy it from a music company and want more than one season's use out of it. Then there's someone like me, who got the karaoke track of "Nicest Kids In Town" from Hairspray for about 3 bucks. So I'm changing it next year (I hate not switching it up!). :)

And I refuse to spend more than 10 dollars on music. We can cut it ourselves at the gym, so I can get any karaoke track my heart desires and use it. It's wonderful. :D

At my gym people usually have the same floor music for two years unless you're moving into a level that requires a drastically different floor pattern. Although there have been people who have had their music for much longer. There is one girl who is on what I think is her 3rd year with the same routine but it's an awsome routine so it doesn't seem that bad. There was another girl who had the same routine for about 4 or 5 years, but again it's a really nice routine (it's the only routine that has been around for many years that I don't cringe at the sound of the music).

at my gym you can keep your floor music for as long as you want and you can pick whatever you want. but our coach has to make sure that it fits you. lol like if you are totally powerful and not flexable and pick a ballet song she is going to veto that really quick. hahahaha.

at my gym you can keep your floor music for as long as you want and you can pick whatever you want. but our coach has to make sure that it fits you. lol like if you are totally powerful and not flexable and pick a ballet song she is going to veto that really quick. hahahaha.

Exactly the same here! My coach is reeeeeally good with finding the perfect song for us, though, so I'm happy. :)

We can keep it for however long we want. And we can pick what song we want too; coaches will give opinions and recommandations. I will be keeping mine for next year-my senior year because I love the routine so much.

ok so you guys are almost all like my gym two years and all.......... my routine was choregraphed as a level 7 routine but then I moved up to 8 this year so I have the same routine with different tumbling and I guess just enough requirements? But next year I'm getting something totally different.

We keep ours at least one season, coaches HATE have to redo routines halfway through a season, but apart from that there's no rules.

We generally pick our own too- coaches will "strongly recommend" though ;).

We had one girl redo her routine midseason, but her half sister was in town from far away and is this major dancer so our coaches didn't really mind. The new routine is pretty darn good, too.

Our gym sounds like most. The majority of the girls keep their music for 2 years. My gymmie's routine was choreographed as a L7/8 routine----all that needs to be changed are the tumbling passes and possibly a little of the dance. If the girl/or coaches are really unhappy with the music etc. after 1 yr. then you do have the option to change it. Right now, my gymmie is on the fence. She basically likes the music, but may ask that the whole choreo be changed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back