How long is your drive to the gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

1st gym - 35 minutes
2nd gym - 1 hr.
3rd gym - 35 minutes (the other direction)
4th gym - 2 hours... each way.

One of the disadvantages of living in the middle of nowhere. :(

The rec gym where I begain gymnastics is a 20 min walk, 5 minute drive, and now when I coach there I almost always walk.
The small gym where I train as an adult is 20 minutes in the car, about 35 minutes on public trasport, which is how i get there.
The large competitive gym where I coach the team is 35 minutes by car, or 1 1/2 hours by tram and bus. It will be great once I can drive, but for now the trip plus 3 1/2 hour training 3 times a week and saturdays just takes away all my evening!
But I wouldn't change it for anything - the journey helps me get out of college mode and into gym mode - I don't mind it so much now i'm used to it.

We drive 30 minutes as well. I switched to this gym, it went from at least 15 min drive to a half hour!! I definitley think it was worth the switch this gym helps me a lott more and i love it! the drive is a minor unpleasnt detaill.

I drive 40 minutes each way. I hate it. Luckily we are in a carpool so I only pick up twice a week. Which makes it much more tolerable. If I had to drive back and fouth 4/5 days a week I would probably crack. :) I am so envious of the people who live right dwon the road from the Gym. LOL

10-15 minutes, depending on traffic and what red lights we hit:p morning practices are a little less time though since no one is really on the road=)

I go to school 30 min. from my house, and then drive from school to gymnastics in like 40 min. From my house, the gym is 30 min. And I thought that was bad!! I dont know how people can drive 1 1/2 hours both ways several times a weekk!!

It is 15 minutes for me but even with a short(er) drive I usually stick close at Starbucks and put in a couple of hours work on the computer rather than go back home.

25 minutes if I'm driving myself, and 40 minutes if I'm driving my carpool (4 of the 5 practices per week). My gym moved fairly recently; it used to only be 12 minutes away.

Long Drive To Gym

I drive my daughter 45 minutes and that's one way. We actually go by another gym that's 30 minutes from us but it's not as good of a gym (in most people's opinion). We must do this drive twice a week for Team Practice. Then if my daughter does Open Gym that's offered twice a week but on days that there is not Team., so sometimes we go three or four days a week. We just started in the Spring, and I'm not looking forward to this commute in the winter! I stay at the gym in the lounge during her two and a half hour long practices. We don't have a DVD player in your car, and my daughter wants one like the other kids have. But I say look out the window that's what I did when I was a kid. I also try to use that time to talk to her while she's captured in my presence. She likes to play car games; like I spy with my eye something blue then I guess what it is., or I'll tell her a math problem to figure out, sing songs, etc. anything to pass the time.

We had a DVD player in one car, it was in there as the car was a demo model, I would never have paid for it. We made a rule that if the trip wasn't long enough to watch a full movie then the DVD player didn't go on. Helf the fun is getting there!

We make up silly songs, cannibalism is our favourite theme these days! Plays games nad just talk. The kids read endless amounts on gym drives and on their 2 hour a day school bus rides. ITA with kids needing to look out the windows! The car is not an extension of my living room

Well, me and a couple of other friends do carpool, so it takes a bit longer. But from my house to the gym it is about 10-15 minutes. I have a friend that has to drive 30 minutes also, and they do just fine. And maybe if you need a little break from watching practices, do a little shopping trip or something until the practice is over. Hope this helps!!!

"If gymnastics were easy, it would be called football"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back