Parents How Many Hours?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Taximother

Proud Parent
Hi! This is my first post and I'm sure it's a question that's been asked and answered many times but the search function doesn't seem to work very well.

I'm trying to get a sense for what is a reasonable expectation of hours in the gym/week/level. My daughter is level 4 and trains 9.5 hours/week.

Thats On Par With Our Gym Too. 3s Are 9Hrs. 4s Are 10 I Believe.

Sorry For The Odd Caps, My Phone Does It Automatically On This Site.

How many kids are in her training group? How many coaches? Efficiency of workout is more important than hours at the gym. Our L4 go 12 hrs a week, but there are only 12 of them and have four coaches they can rotate with.

Ours comparable to that level train 14-17 hours with up to three more hours of optional conditioning per week..

Pre-team: 2.5 hours
L2: 5 hours
L3: 8 hours
L4/5: 12 hours
L6/7: 16 hours
L8: 16+ hours
L9/10: 19+ hours
TOPs: add 3 hours

Elite: every waking hour. :)

Last edited:
My DD is a 7 year old level 3. Our level 3's train 9 hours a week (3 days/3 hours each day)

My DD is L4 and does 16 1/2 including 1 hour of ballet and 21 in the summer. There are 8 in her mixed L4/5 group with 1 coach.

My level 4 goes 12 hours a week. That is the norm where I am. But I know other gyms in our state that go 25 or more at that level.

My dd's go:

Oldest - 3 1/2 hours Gym and 1 hour of rec trampolining (both disability groups)
Youngest - 5 hours Intermediate development ( 2 x 2 1/2 hours) and now wants more lol, think she has the gym bug after getting any extra day.

When I typed the question into the search bar (or just "hours"), I got only threads that had nothing to do with my question. Maybe there is a trick to it I haven't figured out yet.

When I typed the question into the search bar (or just "hours"), I got only threads that had nothing to do with my question. Maybe there is a trick to it I haven't figured out yet.

Here are a few search tips...
  • Make sure "search this forum only" is NOT checked if you are trying to search the whole site.
  • Try checking "search titles only" if you are not finding good results
  • Click "more" and try "order by relevance" instead of "recent"
  • Search the "tags" at http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/tags/ (not many threads are tagged yet)
  • Use Google and type "site:chalkbucket.com search term" for example "site:chalkbucket.com training hours"
  • If you find a thread on the topic you like...look below it (scroll down) and you will see a "similar threads" box
  • Don't search with our mobile app...it has terrible search.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back