WAG How many optionals are on your team?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

reluctant

Proud Parent
I am just wondering what the average number of optionals is. I know it varies dramatically. Our current gym has 20 (including 3 9s and 3 10s). Our last gym had about 30.

Reactions: sce
We have probably 20 or so girls at each level. Maybe more at the lower options and a few less 10s. We have multiple teams at each level.

We have 15 level 10, 15 level 9, and around 20ish at levels 6, 7, and 8.

Wow. These are all really big teams. We are Region 8 -- not in Florida -- and we don't have more than one team in our state that has 10 level 10s. I think there are only 8 or 9 gyms with more than 1 level 10.

Wow. These are all really big teams. We are Region 8 -- not in Florida -- and we don't have more than one team in our state that has 10 level 10s. I think there are only 8 or 9 gyms with more than 1 level 10.

It’s interesting, too, because another gym in our area has 14-15 level 10s as well, and a couple other gyms have them. I wouldn’t consider our city to be huge either.

It’s interesting, too, because another gym in our area has 14-15 level 10s as well, and a couple other gyms have them. I wouldn’t consider our city to be huge either.
I just looked at our state meet results. There are 3 gyms with more than 5 level 10s, and a total of 14 with more than 1 level 10. A total of 66 level 10s in the state.

We have around 25-30, split into 4 groups. The first group is 3 Level 9s, 1 Level 10, and 2 diamonds. 2nd group (mine) is 5 diamonds and 3 Level 8s. 3rd group is 5 Level 8s and 3 Level 7s, and the 4th group is 8 Level 6s. 1st and 2nd group have the same coaches and are often combined if there aren't a lot of people there.

Um, I think we officially have 4 right now - 2 10's, one 9 and one 7. Oh and maybe 2-3 6's depending on how summer training goes. SUPER small team.

46 levels 7-10 (15 of those will be Level 10 next season) and I think there are an additional 6 training for level 6. So total of 52. (Region 8)

Let's see... Levels aren't completely set, so I will base it on where I think they will start the season:
L6 - 6
L7 - 4
L8 - 3 (if they are all healthy ... and if the one doesnt decide to go to L9)
XP - 8 (I include these girls because they are with the JO Optionals group... and 4 of them COULD compete L6 instead of XP.)
Additionally, there are 2 girls competing for the Jr. High team and then competing L5 when our season starts. IF they score out of L5 2x, they can go to L6 in January (they will use their Jr. High routines for L6).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back