How many will qualify - ontario

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

R

rardjds

Hey
i was wondering how many girls would qualify for provincial championships in ontario. or if its a percent?
Thanks
PS if you are an ontario gymnast here are the results all compiled:
OGF provincial results

Those are the results after one competition, girls each do three qualifiers. Some also do the tour comp.

Not sure how many will get to Championships, I know for the last two years there were two qualifications comps held for girls with a certain score, the highest scoring girls from those comps went on to Provincials. I am assuming it will be the same this year.

Edit to add. Nice to see that our beloved Canadiangymmom's dd is doing so well this year. She is such a talented Bean.

for the link when you click on the different levels tour comes up and its also updated after new competitions however its not immediate because its a parent doing it not ogf.

and last year there was only championships but for a couple of years before that they had ontario cup and then people from that qualified for championships. this year i'm pretty sure they just have championships that you qualify for with the avergae of your best 2 scores from qualifiers.

in the past they have also had a qaulifying score than would insure you would qualify but they changed that to percents/numbers b/c before they always ended up changing the qualifying score anyways.

i think last year it was 40% of people in each category with a minimum of 40 people qualifyig in each category or something like that.

I have become fairly good at navigating the OGF website in the past few months. Here is what I found, so it looks like the top 32 from all athlete's best 2 meets average scores.

I don't think that sentence made sense but I hope you get the idea, lol. And the link to the document is below.

a)
Minimum Qualifying Score

Athletes qualify to Ontario Championships as an All Around athlete in the following manner: the gymnast’s best two scores form the provincial qualifier are totaled, then averaged and are ranked to determine the top 32 scores in order to identify the athletes who participate.

http://www.ogf.com/documents/content_6163.pdf

Edited to add: I followed the link above and I see that some levels/ages have less than 32 athletes. I have no idea how many would qualify in that case. All of them?

If there are less than 32 they all get to go. Maybe I should enter as a L9!!!! I might come last, but at least I can say I made it! NOw what vault should I do???

http://www.ogf.com/documents/content_6163.pdf

Edited to add: I followed the link above and I see that some levels/ages have less than 32 athletes. I have no idea how many would qualify in that case. All of them?

Thanks for posting that document. It was very helpful to understand some of the levels etc. I wondered what Tyro etc. meant as I had only come across numerical levels on our gyms team excel spreadsheet thingy and now I understand the relationship - I think :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back