Parents How often do you get new leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

welovethegym

Proud Parent
My DD is going into her 5th year on team with her gym. We are only supposed to get new leos every two years, but since covid we have gotten new leos every year. Is this typical with your gyms? Or is this something that stemmed from covid? Just curious if this is common.

Usually every 2 years. I know many gyms which were supposed to get new leos in the year post covid and either weren’t in the gym early enough to order the leos, or didn’t compete much that year. It seems strange to do every year.

Usually every 2 years. I know many gyms which were supposed to get new leos in the year post covid and either weren’t in the gym early enough to order the leos, or didn’t compete much that year. It seems strange to do every year.
Yes, we we're all very confused when we got new leos during the covid season when we only competed in house. The girls do use the leos for practice now, but still.

Current gym gets new leos every 2 years. Previous gym got new ones every year. For both gyms, it was always like that regardless of covid.

Every two years! They also always receive a tank practice Leo, and during the covid season that's what they competed in, since we weren't sure if we were really going to get a season. We also just had them wear black leggings instead of doing formal warm ups.

My daughter's gym is supposed to get new leotards every other year, with new warmups on alternate years. However sometimes things happen and the leo only lasts one year (we had a couple that the gym was unhappy with the quality, etc). Luckily if they do end up getting a new leo two years in a row, then they skip the new warmup for that year so at least we don't have the double expense.

We get new competition leos, practice leos, and warm ups every year. The cost is all rolled into a flat competition fee which is paid monthly, so I don’t know the exact cost. The warm ups are probably around $80-100, the practice leo is probably around $50, and the competition leo is rumored to be north of $500. This is the fifth year with the same backpack though!

Almost never, in Australia most gyms keep the same Leo for many, many years.

It’s like a school uniform, it becomes part of the gyms identity and everyone knows which gym you are when you walk in.

Gyms have their set colours and you have to register your colours with Gymnastics Australia.

Never. I mean the design never changes. Sadly children have this annoying habit of growing, so will need new one when they grow out of their current size. The old one is sold on to the next person. Same with the new one, those are usually second hand. You only ever get a completely new one if they have run out of secondhand ones. This is very common in New Zealand. I have definitely seen designs straight out of the previous century.

It’s like a school uniform, it becomes part of the gyms identity and everyone knows which gym you are when you walk in.
I love this at competitions - especially big multi-session ones. You walk in and go ‘who’s here’ and you can usually tell. And every now and then a gym gets a new leotard and it’s like ‘ooooohhhh’.

Also, DD's gym is supposed to be getting new warmups for this season, first meet is in 5 weeks, and they haven't even measured for them yet! DD's first year on team was the last time the gym ordered warm ups at all, so some girls don't even have any gym specific warm ups. This happened last year too, and they never ended up ordering new warmups...Expecting that to happen again this year too.

Also, DD's gym is supposed to be getting new warmups for this season, first meet is in 5 weeks, and they haven't even measured for them yet! DD's first year on team was the last time the gym ordered warm ups at all, so some girls don't even have any gym specific warm ups. This happened last year too, and they never ended up ordering new warmups...Expecting that to happen again this year too.
That’s insanity. So many places are still taking months and months and months for delivery.

We get new ones every 3 years so sometimes you really have to stretch them out or buy a new one. Kids grow a lot in 3 years!

My daughter started at out gym at almost 7, she will be 17 in Jan. she has had 2 competition Leo’s. We have purchase 3 because of her growth spurt during Leo 2s tenure. At this point I’m seriously pray we get 1 more year

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back