Parents How often do you measure...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Never. At least never for the purpose of charting growth. Sometimes I have to measure the kids for specific clothing but otherwise I don't. I'm not organized enough to keep a growth chart (I wish I was!).

I have some crow to eat. I measured my gymmie yesterday because she seemed taller. Must have been this thread getting to me. She grew 0.5 inches and is now just under 4'10''. She could have been this height for awhile because I don't recall the last time she was measured but she claimed to know her height so I'll go with her being a half-inch taller. In the last week she has seemed taller to me and her clothes hang differently. Then yesterday I had to get her fitted for shoes and she was a size bigger from last fall. But the biggest give away was that she has been randomly tripping for the last couple of weeks. I thought it was just me who noticed this but she came home from gym and told me that she was tripping during floor.

Up until 54", we measured ALL the time. Has nothing to do with rate of growth, or gym, or clothes - we live in Florida :) Most Florida children know exactly how tall they are, right up until they're tall enough to ride the tallest-required ride :)QUOTE]

Ha! Well it was our Disney trip in February last year and knowing DD was JUST tall enough to ride the Aerosmith Rocking Roller Coaster ( she had wanted to ride it during our first trip, but was way too little - 4 yrs old then lol) - so we made sure she was tall enough for that ride! That's the only reason I had any idea how tall she was! lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back