WAG How often do you update your Competition Leos/Warmups?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We get something new every year - this year we are getting new warmups since everyone hated the ones we had last season. We are keeping the leos. Everything is severely upcharged so if we got both in one season it would be almost $800 for apparel and people would freak out. Some still freak out when it's just one thing (and rightfully so), but people would REALLY freak out if it was two.

Reactions: sce
We get something new every year - this year we are getting new warmups since everyone hated the ones we had last season. We are keeping the leos. Everything is severely upcharged so if we got both in one season it would be almost $800 for apparel and people would freak out. Some still freak out when it's just one thing (and rightfully so), but people would REALLY freak out if it was two.
How many is your Leo then. I mean I get it is expensive but 800 bucks seems over the top

How many is your Leo then. I mean I get it is expensive but 800 bucks seems over the top

800 would be for both. Each thing is usually between 300-$400. I was saying if they had us get both it would be $800. New families often have to pay this though. Sometimes they can get a used Leo, but warm ups always need to be new cause of the name embroidery...

My gym has had the same leo for hmm about 4-5 years now. This is the last year we are using it, we will get a new design next fall. The new girls this year were told this and most of them tried to find an used leo and most of them had success with that.

The warm ups are pretty much as old as the leo. We ordered new style this fall but they haven't arrived yet (It's been 8-9 weeks already and we hoped to get them for the last competition of the season but that's likely not happening)

That is an insane upcharge!

My gym has had the same leo for hmm about 4-5 years now. This is the last year we are using it, we will get a new design next fall. The new girls this year were told this and most of them tried to find an used leo and most of them had success with that.

The warm ups are pretty much as old as the leo. We ordered new style this fall but they haven't arrived yet (It's been 8-9 weeks already and we hoped to get them for the last competition of the season but that's likely not happening)
Yeah, you raelly have to order in June to get uniforms by the beginning of fall season.

800 would be for both. Each thing is usually between 300-$400. I was saying if they had us get both it would be $800. New families often have to pay this though. Sometimes they can get a used Leo, but warm ups always need to be new cause of the name embroidery...
By upcharge, do you mean the gym is charging more than the cost of the leo/warmup? I guess i never thought about gyms doing that, is this common?

Our girls wear ivivva jackets and leggings and love them.
Our team apparel changes every other year. One year leo’s the next year warm ups

Our girls wear ivivva jackets and leggings and love them.
Our team apparel changes every other year. One year leo’s the next year warm ups
How is it possible to use ivivva anything? Their styles change every few months.

By upcharge, do you mean the gym is charging more than the cost of the leo/warmup? I guess i never thought about gyms doing that, is this common?

Yes. That's what I mean. It seems that gym's w/ boosters do this more than those w/o...but not always.

I have no idea if our gym upcharges for the leos & warm ups. I don't think that they're going to advertise it if they do. We pay the gym owners for the stuff. The booster club is not involved at all. This year it was almost $400 for the warm up jacket, capris and leo. We get new leos every year. They change the style so you can't use a previous one. We get new warm up every few years.

How is it possible to use ivivva anything? Their styles change every few months.

They have a team order type division.

The basic colours of Rhythmic tights and Perfect your practice jackets don’t really change.

Our girls have white perfect your practice Jackets and grey rhythmic tights

I have no idea if our gym upcharges for the leos & warm ups. I don't think that they're going to advertise it if they do. We pay the gym owners for the stuff. The booster club is not involved at all. This year it was almost $400 for the warm up jacket, capris and leo. We get new leos every year. They change the style so you can't use a previous one. We get new warm up every few years.

Our gym doesn't advertise that they upcharge either - it's just become very clear over the years that they do. We pay almost $400 for just a warmup on warmup years...and almost $400 for a Leo on Leo years. If you are getting everything for less than $400, I'm guess your gym isn't upcharging or if they are it's a small amount.

The basic colours of Rhythmic tights and Perfect your practice jackets don’t really change.

Interesting. Thank you.

I would imagine a lot more teams would consider that if it was more readily known.

This is wrong. There's no reason for it to cost that much. We have extremely blinged-out leos and a very nice warm-up and bag for $350. I can't believe the parents haven't revolted with torches and pitchforks.

$400 for a warmup?! @Gymmommy71 !!
I would be asking some questions... you can get a very-nice warm-up outfit from lulu lemon for half that...

Absolutely NO reason for a warm-up to cost that much. I'm shocked

$400 for a warmup?! @Gymmommy71 !!
I would be asking some questions... you can get a very-nice warm-up outfit from lulu lemon for half that...

Absolutely NO reason for a warm-up to cost that much. I'm shocked
The most expensive warmup jacket at Snowflake Designs is $164 ... without a team logo on the back or a name on the front.
The matching most expensive pants are $44 without a name on the front.
So, without embroidery or a logo, the most expensive warmups at Snowflake are $208.
At GK, Most expensive plain jacket is $210. The matching plain pants are $68-78. That is $278-288.
Adding the bling / logo/ names could easily put it to $300... but there should be a team discount.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back