Parents How often does your DS or DD watch gymnastics online (Youtube, Gymnastics website, etc.)?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Smiley007

Proud Parent
How often do your DS or DD watch gymnastics online? I wonder if there is a correlation between gymnasts who are committed and working toward gymnastics scholarships and gymnasts who constantly watch gymnastics online (for entertainment, inspiration and improvement).

I don't think she watches elite level gymnastics much, she does have a Bratayley addiction though.

No scholarships/college where we live.

All the time. Yesterday was her States session and she was watching the 2012 olympics bar routines while I did her hair. Best bar score of the season. Coincidence? LOL

To be fair, my son watches baseball incessantly and it hasn't made him any better. It's just what he loves. I don't think there's a correlation. I do think it helps them understand what judges might be looking for, but unless they can translate that to their own bodies it isn't really helpful. Mine needs to feel it.

Hardly ever. really. He might watch something that someone sends him. He will watch the big meets that are on tv. But he is too active to sit and watch gymnastics....he just wants to DO it

It never really occurs to DD. We'll watch something if it's already on, but she doesn't actively seek anything out. Then again, she's 8yo and not really that much into electronics.

mine goes through phases. but overall has watched a lot. she doesnt like any of the you tube channel girls though- just like watching the random meet videos posted.

She watches a ton. Youtube junkie...Barely ever college gymnastics - unless its someone she knows. She loves watching past meets. She also loves listening to floor music. She also watches the ones that have the Code of Points on it - where they break down each skill.

She likes to watch it, but it is random stuff...but there is one she does watch over and over...it's the one with Lizzy Le Duc, "tiny little level 7".....it doesn't seem to matter to her that this little girl is now I believe 18 (or older? I tried to find her again later myself, because after she watched her several times I got curious). My daughter just loves her flair, spunk, and what looks like pure joy competing.

Mostly Stampylongnose here too. Is there some kind of Minecraft competition she could win?
She does watch gym occasionally. We watched a lot of the World's routines recently. We're Canadian so unless she ends up a giant superstar and gets into a US school there's no scholarship hope here.

She goes in spurts but when she is in to watching its all the time like crazy on youtube. She has watched the 2012 Olympics so much she prob has everything that happens memorized. She watches national and world championships a lot too ( never college). This weekend she was watching the 1996 Olympics and was shocked at the "old" vaults and that they still used a 10.0 scale! LOL
She was watching a few years ago world championship on her ipad this morning while getting ready for school!
I find she watches more when she is feeling most confident about her own skills and progress, during rougher times she doesn't really watch.

Mine watches a lot of gymnastics. It is basically the only thing she does online besides her school work. That being said, she does not spend too much time online.

My dd is not that interested in watching gymnastics online. I did record some of the world championships a couple of weeks ago, and she did watch some. But she doesn't seek it out herself. But she's only 7 and really doesn't have free range on a computer yet anyway. If I try and show her a video, she might watch for 20 seconds before running off..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back