Anon How strict are judges with floor music length? (L10)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I’m wondering how precise/strict the 1:30 time limit is for L10 floor music. Just got the cut back and the file length is 1:32, the music ends at 1:30, but there’s sort of a lingering tone that goes to 1:31. The routine itself would be finished by 1:30 but wondering if she could get dinged for an extra second or two? Ideally this would be used up to nationals. TIA!

When I worked our gyms big meet they said its not the music its when the girl started moving and stopped moving. So if there is a musical intro for a few seconds before you start or at the end then you *should* be fine but I would cut it cause why leave it open to interpretation?

Again... you will 100% get dinged at at least one meet... what if that is Regionals or Nationals? Many meets have non-officials timing floor that may or may not know the rules.

Very true we were given good instructions on that and the judges were super cool too very supportive of the volunteers and gymnasts etc but odds are someone will ding you.

It's very easy to shorten an mp4 file's length. I use Camtasia for both video and audio, but I'm sure there are tons of freeware programs that would work for something simple like that (Apple garage band, for instance).

Cut it. Not worth the worry. You don't need to be perfoming your floor routine at level 10 wondering if you will get a deduction before you even start.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back