How tall are you?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

Vivianflips

I'm 5'5" pretty tall for a gymnast so I'm always curious how tall other gymnasts are! I'm a tall gymnast but I'm super short for my family, most of my family is either close to 6' or above :eek: And I'm likely done growing as I'm approaching 15.

5'1, and parents are 5'7 and 5'11. However all of my aunts are very short, and being a preemie baby my growth had been stunted. I stopped growing at age fourteen which we realized when I had a shoulder X-ray for a dislocation, and found closed growth plates! I have even been the same shoe size since fifth grade.

5'1, and parents are 5'7 and 5'11. However all of my aunts are very short, and being a preemie baby my growth had been stunted. I stopped growing at age fourteen which we realized when I had a shoulder X-ray for a dislocation, and found closed growth plates! I have even been the same shoe size since fifth grade.
I've also had the same shoe size since fifth grade! I enjoy that a lot as I can buy more expensive shoes that I won't grow out of!

5' 3" - though I stopped growing at 10 at just below 5' 1" and then had a very late growth spurt after years of 30+ hours a week of dance and really learning and being used to my balance, so I'm still trying to get a grip on my balance again!

5' 3" - though I stopped growing at 10 at just below 5' 1" and then had a very late growth spurt after years of 30+ hours a week of dance and really learning and being used to my balance, so I'm still trying to get a grip on my balance again!
My dad had one of those growth spurts in college and grew 3 inches! I'm just hoping that I don't end up having a sudden growth spurt in college!

My dad had one of those growth spurts in college and grew 3 inches! I'm just hoping that I don't end up having a sudden growth spurt in college!
I spent my whole dance training wishing to be taller, because I was never tall enough for auditions (always asking for 5' 4 as a minimum and I just wasn't quite tall enough to fake it) but then I started gymnastics just as my body went OH I KNOW LET'S GROW and now I'm tall enough for auditions but also a much taller gymnast. How is that fair? :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back