WAG How to improve?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You are kicking out of the tuck to a mostly open/straight body position when you twist, which is good. It helps you get the twist around. However you're not fully kicking out - your legs stay slightly bent. Make sure you're really committing to that kick out with straight legs. It may actually be easier to just twist from a layout flyaway eventually, so you could try that as well.

Really, really not a good idea to ask for advice on any sort of salting, flipping or twisting skills on the Internet. You really have no idea what everybody's qualifications, knowledge and experience are. It is very, very easy for people to falsify their level of experience.

This is something that you need to discuss with your coach.

You are kicking out of the tuck to a mostly open/straight body position when you twist, which is good. It helps you get the twist around. However you're not fully kicking out - your legs stay slightly bent. Make sure you're really committing to that kick out with straight legs. It may actually be easier to just twist from a layout flyaway eventually, so you could try that as well.

I'm actually doing a flyaway full because I can't do a layout, haha. A layout is a B and a flyaway full is a C so it also increases my start value. But trying the layout full will probably not end well..

once you're more comfortable cast higher into it to increase your power, this should give you more air time to finish your twist

I would ask the coach to help work on the layout. This will correct the release angle and the urge to bend the knees the wrong direction as well as get you more height. I'm with Aussie_Coach on this one as well. Sometimes you may get a response from someone who really has no idea what they are looking at. I would guess you don't like the layout because you are closing your shoulders before you release the bar. This could pull you closer to the bar. That does get scary sometimes.

Good luck

The biggest problem that I see is that you are are starting to the tuck for your flyaway when you are under the bar. You should be tapping and seeing your toes before you let go. This will increase your height and give you more time to get the full around. It will also help you eventually get a layout flyaway.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back