Parents How to tell a coach that your level 7 gymnast daughter is switching to another gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In person. Be general, be professional, do not criticize, and thank the coach for everything. Tell them that you are sad to go but it is time....etc.etc.etc.
Let your DD tell her friends.....
Then leave and move one......

The gym world is very small. They probably already know she is leaving. I would finish up month and send email to owner.

yes that's what I was thinking email but I know she has gotten on me before about communicating through email with her she would rather you talk face to face but I'm not going to put my daughter or I in that situation for her to be yelling and screaming at her

If you'd really prefer to do it face-to-face, on the last day, when you pick up your daughter, have her go to the car, and then talk to the coach. This lets you tel her in person, but shields your daughter from the coach's possible harrassment.

I wouldn't normally advocate a "cut and run" approach, but given the recent episode after another girl left I would let the last day happen and then send a polite e-mail as said above. Just keep the departure to yourselves and move on. You will most likely encounter them down the road and I would suggest you have all of your ducks lined up when eventually confronted. I would center that explanation on your dd's desire for bigger and better skills, higher level, etc and the fact that the gym just couldn't get her to where she wants to go.

Good Luck

i agree with this.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back