How was your first try on a mill circle?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok so I haven't ever done a mill circle..Just wondering if yours was difficult the first time or if you think mine will be? I'm 14, about 5'1 and average weight and I'm very strong and flexible. I have seen some of the other girls at my gym struggle and have a really hard time with it, and some just get it right away. Just wonderin :)

My first time I made it 3/4 of the way around. Actually what helped me get it(and I did after just a couple of weeks) was one night I came across a tutorial on youtube that broke down the mill circle and when I went to the gym the next day, I followed exactly what the tutorial said and got it. There is no telling ifyou will have a hard time with it or not, everyone in gymnastics is different. Case in point. It took me two or three weeks to get a mill circle, but a year for my pull over.

The first time I did a mill circle was about 4 years ago when I first started gymnastics. I was using a metal bar on the jungle gym at school during recess, and one of my friends who had done gymnastics a lot longer than me was coaching me.

I made it all the way around. xD

And I haven't done one since.

Don't worry about not getting it on the first try. If anything, it will take a little practice. Have faith in yourself and you'll get it! :D Good luck!

The first time I did a mill circle it was in second grade on a playground bar. I made it all the way around, but oh boy, the teachers got mad at me for that! When my family moved I bet the recess monitors were relieved to get rid of me. I learned baby giants and front hip circles on that bar too! My friend who was a gymnast taught me...I was crazy back then!

Since we don't do them in Canada, I decided to try one out of curiosity on the playground bar! (I know, I know- bad gymmie. Bad!) I made it around, but then I couldn't stop and I did about 11 in a row before stopping. My teachers thought it was cool so I'm still allowed to do them as long as it's not "school bonding" where Pre-K to Grade 12 go outside and "play" together.

Just work on it (at gym, not on the playground like me!) and I'm sure you'll get it soon!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back