Human Flag

GYMNASTICS
Parents... Coaches... Judges... Gymnasts...
DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members See FEWER Ads!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MI6[66]

Hi,
If this thread is in the wrong place please move it and sorry ;)

Basically I want to do Human Flag.
I never done gymnastics, I am doing weights for about 4 years now and decided that I need some functional goals rather then vein ones like to look big:D
Time frame is till the end of this year.
My workout schedule is.
Monday:
stuff like Turkish get ups, body rows with legs vertically in the air, pull ups, dragon flyes, rollouts with a bar, pressups with arms by hips etc. This i repeat on Thursday and Saturday and I do many different exercises, i will post them later on as I write everyday on other forum.
Tueasdays and Fridays I lift weights, Dead Lift/Squat, bech press, pull ups, shoulder press, arms.
On weight days I lift at least my body weight [90kg] for legs/back/chest, 50% for shoulder press, 30% for arms, but I think I need more than 100% so I have increased it by 10%.
Also Wednesday I do run for 30 to 45 minutes and I am teaching spinning on Monday and Tuesday.

Any tips to how to do human flag, specific drills?
Please help guys!
BIG THANKS!!!

Sep 21, 2008
Illinois
I just kept doing them till I got it... Pull with the top arm, post (or push) with the bottom. Just stop if it hurts.. I don't think I did anything special...

Good luck!

Ryan

M

MI6[66]

that makes sense ;)
I do them once evry week and I can hold it up till 45 angle for like few seconds :mad:
Also I started working on training rings, chest flyes, holding on then lowering your body down and back up.

Thanks for reply, any other suggestions welcome!

B

BlairBob

Definitely easier on a set of stall/swedish bars than a pole.

I worked it by kicking from the side to an inverted candlestick position and lowering to a straddled flag. Best I can do on a pole but on stall bars I can hit straight horizontal.

I'd reccomend body lever work, wide arm HS and wide arm pullup work.

M

MI6[66]

What WIDE ARMS HS means?
which are the primarly working muscles on human flag? all around core muscles, shoulders, triceps? gluteus medius?

B

BlairBob

When I think Wide Arm, Japanese, Y- Handstand; I think one fist away from the floor ideally to get credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.