Hwang Bo Sil

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Whatever happened to her?? I was trying to find out after I saw a youtube video of her slamming onto her head trying to complete a Thomas in 1989, and all I have found is that she was in the '92 Olympics... When was the Thomas banned anyway? I thought it would have been banned before '89 after what happened to Mukhina in '80...

Whatever happened to her?? I was trying to find out after I saw a youtube video of her slamming onto her head trying to complete a Thomas in 1989, and all I have found is that she was in the '92 Olympics... When was the Thomas banned anyway? I thought it would have been banned before '89 after what happened to Mukhina in '80...

She didn't actually compete a Thomas. A Thomas is a 1 1/2 twisting 1 3/4...which is what Mukhina injured herself training.

The skill Hwang Bo Sil did was a 1/2 twisting 1 3/4. She actually landed on her shoulders and whiplashed herself (hyper arched her back) when she bounced off the floor. She was no where near strong enough to do that skill. Guys have a hard time doing it today without bouncing.

She faded into obscurity along with Kim Gwang Suk.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back