WAG I dont know what to do, advice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

For context i am a level five gymnast (struggling level five who has basically none of her skills on bars)
I am 15 years old with four years left before college and my dream is to somehow make level 10 before i graduate and go to a college and do gymnastics (yes i know i will not be getting any scholarships and most likely not making any D1 team and i may not even compete)
Last year I moved gyms due to my old gym literally causing me MULTIPLE panic attacks each week it was terrible
I love my current gym i love the way they coach i love the girls and my team but i have two issues that im not sure how to proceed with
Ever since i came to this gym ive been the other girl on the first day the head coach who coaches optionals and is the owner of the gym (for this thread lets call them andy) payed far more attention to her that day which was fine i understand she was smaller more advanced etc etc
But now that ive been there for awhile i feel almost overlooked? Andy talks to almost all the girls on my team but me decently often and i never seem to get a word no corrections no nothing and at times it really hurts because it doesnt matter how good i am to my other coaches if he doesnt think anything of me
With my other coaches i feel they believe in me but i dont feel he even sees me no matter how hard i work
My other problem is andy says this year they wont be taking any new optionals, therefore i have to compete five this year my goal since last year was to go for six or seven this year because if i go five this year i not only have to skip six but a whole another level of optionals to make 10 by when i graduate
So you can see my dilemma and i just need someone to tell me something other than im sorry but idk ‍♀️
I need advice please? Thanks in advance

The minimum age for Chalkbucket is 16, this is important to protect your safety and privacy as a minor.

For context i am a level five gymnast (struggling level five who has basically none of her skills on bars)
I am 15 years old with four years left before college and my dream is to somehow make level 10 before i graduate and go to a college and do gymnastics (yes i know i will not be getting any scholarships and most likely not making any D1 team and i may not even compete)
Last year I moved gyms due to my old gym literally causing me MULTIPLE panic attacks each week it was terrible
I love my current gym i love the way they coach i love the girls and my team but i have two issues that im not sure how to proceed with
Ever since i came to this gym ive been the other girl on the first day the head coach who coaches optionals and is the owner of the gym (for this thread lets call them andy) payed far more attention to her that day which was fine i understand she was smaller more advanced etc etc
But now that ive been there for awhile i feel almost overlooked? Andy talks to almost all the girls on my team but me decently often and i never seem to get a word no corrections no nothing and at times it really hurts because it doesnt matter how good i am to my other coaches if he doesnt think anything of me
With my other coaches i feel they believe in me but i dont feel he even sees me no matter how hard i work
My other problem is andy says this year they wont be taking any new optionals, therefore i have to compete five this year my goal since last year was to go for six or seven this year because if i go five this year i not only have to skip six but a whole another level of optionals to make 10 by when i graduate
So you can see my dilemma and i just need someone to tell me something other than im sorry but idk ‍♀️
I need advice please? Thanks in advance
It's great that you have a long term goal, but what are your short term goals? Make a list of skills that you need to move closer to your level 10 goal. Start by level 6 and so on. Use every practice as an opportunity for you to reach your smaller goals, which will help you get to your higher goal. You've got to put in the work, every single practice. If you can't learn a new skill, build the muscles and flexibility it takes to make that skill easier.

Coaches like to coach athletes that show motivation and work hard. Is that you?

Another question is: what is level 10 to you? How important is winning medals? How important is enjoying yourself in the gym? Would you rather make it to level 8 and win medals or get to 10 and not win anything? You really have to think about what is meaningful to you. In the end, once you are done with gymnastics, you just want to be happy about your experience. Whatever level you make it to will not be important.

If you work hard and try your best, there will be no regrets even if you don't get to level 10. Wishing you all the best!! Keep us posted ☺️

For what it’s worth, you’re not alone. I am in a very similar situation. I was a late starter and was put in a rec class with coaches who clearly cared more about the team girls. I’m not 100% sure but I think you can compete in club teams in collage no matter what level you are, and as far as I’m concerned if you get to level ten your 3rd year of collage you may as well be on the real team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back