I Feel So Silly!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When I first got my squat-on on bars, I had been having fear issues. Then they brought over the team coach, who can be pretty intimidating, so finally I did it by myself...and I did fine!

Then, we had a week break and when we came back, I was scared again. But I got over the fear and got my squat on back.

...of course, I got it back right before a break. Over the break, I became scared of squat ons. AGAIN. So, once again, I worked to get over my fear issue.

I thought, I've already lost it twice. I can't lose it again...right?

But starting 2 months ago, I could NOT do my squat on! Every time my feet would trip on the bar and I either had to make a quick escape over the bar or fall back. I became frustrated. I was casting big and leaning! What was I doing wrong?!

Today at bars, we basically had "open bars". We got to go to any bar and work on back hip circles, kips, squat ons, etc. So I did my squat on and I kept tripping. Finally, my coach said, "You realize what you're doing, right?" I shook my head, and she continued, "You're pointing your feet REALLY hard when they get to the bar!"

So I tried it again and flexed my feet when they got to the bar and I did 10 perfect squat ons jump to high in a row. My coaches laughed and said, "So you point your feet on your SQUAT ON, but not on your round off!"

I feel so silly. I can't believe that when I DID point my feet, it was just messing me up. :p

I hope I shall never have another squat-on problem again. ;)

Haha, gymnastics can be so confusing! You get told over and over to point your toes, and then when you do, you're actually not supposed to! Oh, the irony.
Yeah, I hate it when the reason I couldn't make something is that I was making a silly mistake, or that my coach never told me what I was doing wrong.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back