Parents I got to meet MY favorite Gymnasts today.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As they say upstairs: "OMG!!!!!!!!" :D

I took DD to Gymnastics superstars tonight in St Louis as one of her birthday gifts. (pictures to come in the AM when I get the camera back from DW).

Anyway... while all the girls were fawning over Nastia and Shawn, I got to meet, and even have a small conversation with Shannon Miller, and Jonathan Horton. I did get autographs, but unfortunately our family photographer (DW) was also meeting with those 'other' gold medalists.

Horton is a very pleasant, and funny guy. Shannon, I admittingly was star-struck. I've always been a fan of hers since the 1992 games, and her work afterwards. And I gotta say... lookin good too!!
That was the highlight of MY evening.

I loved the show, but I have to admit, I was very impressed with the men's team over the woman's. When the men performed, they were having fun, where the woman seemed to be more mechanical. They were all awesome to say the least, but the woman didn't show the same level of enthusiasm as the men's team. They rocked.

Last edited:
How exciting! I love Horton and Miller as well.

I agree that the men stole the show. They looked like they were having a blast. I definitely enjoyed watching them have so much fun. :D

I am JEALOUS! I love Horton and agree that men's gymnastics is exciting. During the Olympics I often held my breath watching them. The show sounds like alot of fun and you were lucky to be able to meet so many Olympians...very COOL!

Just a little follow-up: (or rather...a blatent attempt at a gloat)

tim_dad-albums-tim_dad-s-nastia-picture1126-shawn-johnson-nastia-had-nice-little-chat-while-shawn-warmed-up-show.jpg

Shawn was so charming. Nastia talked with Shawn for a good 10 minutes pre-show (i think non-stop, telling her all about her gym, and that it was her birthday, etc.). Shawn got in a few words - I think.

tim_dad-albums-tim_dad-s-nastia-picture1124-jonathan-horton-nastia.jpg

Jonathan Horton took a moment to pose for a quick picture with Nastia.

Last edited:
that's awesome. I thought that s miller looked amazing as well! good for you tim dad. im jealous. looks like dd had a great time. maybe dad had a better time?;);) lol

So glad that YOU had fun. Oh, and Nastia too !!!

That is really cool. We though about taking DD to see that here, but the economy decided against it for us :(. Oh, well - I can live it through all my CB friends !!

Glad you had a good time. Gloat away :p

We also went to the show and I agree completely that the guys know how to have fun. The girls just seem to be afraid to just have fun!
Shannon was amazing and my daughter couldn't believe she could still do all those skills so beautifully at her age. My dd did have the privledge to meet her when she attended Lake Owen camp a few years back. She seemed very friendly.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back