WAG I got to meet our favorite jaw dropping judge!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Shoot! I talked to her Sunday night and didn't even realize how close I was to fame. LOL. I saw her give Marchenko a hug and just figured he knew all of the judges.

he does. ^^^^^^^^^^^^ :)

Don't feel bad, I didn't know her at first either! It took sharper eyes than mine or a faster brain to put it together and tell me haha. I was just the guts to ask for the pose in our judge opportunity equation heh.

Sunday was a great night! Were you there the whole evening? I was there for the level 7's only, the last session. Houston Stars Gymnastics were great, seeing them for the first time was a treat. They were all very fun to watch, but my favorite routine has to be Luisa Blanco's floor. Her music was used by a lot of gymnasts present, she was dancing her routine to it when she'd hear it it with this big smile on her face. Floor was her last rotation, she put a fork in it, it was done!

I love watching Luisa. Everything comes so seemingly easy to her. That one post about telling future elites by watching girls at earlier levels made me think about her. Everyone said you couldn't tell, but since lvl 5 you knew Luisa was going far. Not to mention Sloan, Chloe, or Audrey on her team. I didn't pay close attention to Houston Stars that night, but I got to watch them a lot at HNI. They are really impressive.

Yes she's a pleasure to watch I agree she makes it look easy! Chloe has beautiful dancer lines. That girl could break your heart with a flick of her wrist on beam and then make you gasp at her extension in all things. Audrey is all business and intensity, she's fun to watch because she's so deliberate and goes for it. Sloane has a HUUUUUGE back tuck off the beam, that little lady has height to spare and could pull a double easy! Speaking of which, her little sis Skye is coming up too, and looks great. If I remember correctly she won 3rd AA at the Classic!

I love all of Coach Tatyana Shadenko's girls they just look ready to go both mentally and physically. It really speaks to her professionalism and methods as a coach. There's a term in falconry/hawking "Yarak" that is the word used for the height of a birds physical shape and mentality. A Yarak raptor is is so in focus and so well conditioned that luck isn't a factor and success is virtually on a platter. It's what Falconers strive for in their training. I think Gymnastics needs a term like that! So many of the teams I've seen so far bring the term to mind. I said earlier if I'd seen some of these teams as a young gymnast I'd have been freaking out mentally, this definitely applies to Coach Tatyana's athletes!

There was a very nice team at HNI that was new to optionals. I heard them asking about Tatyana's team, and did they do two-a-days, and how many coaches did they have, and how many hours did they work. Shocked isn't a strong enough word when they found out that Tatyana did it in the same amount of hours, once-a-day and all by herself (they had 3 coaches). From here on out, "Shedenko" will be the term to describe what you are talking about. And yes, that term works for ALL of her girls. If only all coaches were nearly that good, for their gymnasts' sake.

I haven't seen Skye, but I'll be watching.

I love it! Her results really are amazing considering she's a one woman leader with multiple teams plus rec and older optionals to move around at the gym. She's that good. "Shadenko" should apply to coaches as well as gymnasts. Shadenko: For when you're just that good.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back