I guess I should do an intro for myself! =)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all :)

Where to begin... I joined this forum after stumbling across it while looking for gymnastics home conditioning exercises, and pretty much fell in love with how awesome the whole site is! So amazingly helpful and supportive... I mean who wouldn't want to be a part of that, right?!

I started gymnastics at age 7, which I LOVED but ended up quitting after 2 years since the coaches were rather apathetic about the whole coaching thing. So at age 9 I started rhythmic gymnastics at a different club after seeing it on TV at the Sydney Olympics. At my first competition I got a bronze medal which was a big surprise! Another 2 years before realising rhythmic wasn't really 'exciting' enough for me, so I moved on to sportaerobics (with some artistic gymnastics on the side, 4hrs a week). Ended up competing at a world championships for aerobics at age 12, before declining in skill as I grew older and taller *sniff*

Aaaanyways, I stopped both aerobics AND gym at age 14 and switched to figure skating, at which I had natural talent inherited from my mum. So that was fun for a few years, but gymnastics was always number one in my heart!

So recently I have started at adult gym classes at the ol' age of 19.

Here in NZ, adult gym is pretty much just 'open gym with no coaching and just do what you want'. There are no private lessons except for competetive squads. I'm doing what I can to get some coaching though, I have a desire to achieve the best that I can in this sport, and hopefully compete at the 'masters games' in 2012 (the only adult gym competition in NZ, ages 20+) in the advanced category (which is like, level 6 I guess?). So far I have improved heaps in just 3 training sessions! I'm planning on going 3 times a week starting very soon (as you may have seen in a recent Q&A post of mine) to improve even more. I upload videos of my gym on youtube and add photos on here too, if you are interested in following the progress.

Sorry for the length of this post! You are a legend if you read the whole thing =)

Hi Megz, Welcome to the CHalkbucket, as you have seen we have ab awesome group of adults gymnasts, I am sure you'll fit in great here.

Welcome. That's awesome that you are still going. I never did any gymnastics as a child and around the age of 20ish did some adult classes for fun. It was sooo hard. I didn't last long and wasn't very good, but it was fun.

Why, ancient of course! ;)

Well, that's how I feel at times! But I figure I might as well use my body while it still works okay. No use growing old and looking back regretting that I didn't do something I wanted to and it's too late.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back