Off Topic I hate winter!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hawaii_gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
It started out a good winter, little snow. Lowest temperatures being about -10 C (14F), but then in the past few days it has gone down to -30 C (-22F) and overnight last night it was -50 C (-58 F) with the wind chill. Supposed to warm up later in the week, I can only hope...
And a question. How cold/ how much snow does there have to be for your district to cancel school for you? Here they have never cancelled school for I think over 20+ years due to cold. There can be over 3 ft of snow and it still goes!
Any one else sick of winter yet?!

Awfully cold here too. -28c without the winchil at 8am.

RAre for them to cancel school here, but waiting for the bus in the cold is NASTY!

Stay warm.

WOW, now that is COLD!! Makes me feel like its a heat wave here!! (34 F) It doesn't take much snow for them to cancel school! Maybe an inch or so? But when I lived in Arkansas, it seems that just the thought of snow made them close the schools and lots of the roads would completely shut down if any snow fell at all!! (very hilly in Little Rock, AR).

I hate winter!! We have to get a significant amount of snow for school to cancel. We are more likely to have days off if there is an ice storm. A couple of years ago we had schools cancelled due to cold when the actual temp was well below 0 F and with wind chill was just ridiculous. I hate winter because it seems to me that we always get a snow storm when I have to drive to a meet...heading to Circle of Stars tomorrow and guess what? It is snowing!!

I live in the same province as hawaii_gymnast and I agree. Too cold! Yesterday morning we hit -51c with windchill/-34c without, and right now it's -30 without so it's warming up a bit. You know it's cold outside when the news is warning people that there is a chance of frost bite if you stay outside for longer than 5-10 minutes! We had a snow day yesterday but on Tuesday we did not even though we were about 10c under the temperature (which includes windchill) when school should be canceled. I live really close to the rocky mountains so we get a lot of snow too which doesn't help the matter, and right now we have about 10' in out yard with the chance of light flurries. Hope everyone is staying warm and has safe travels to their meets!

WOW, now that is COLD!! Makes me feel like its a heat wave here!! (34 F) It doesn't take much snow for them to cancel school! Maybe an inch or so? But when I lived in Arkansas, it seems that just the thought of snow made them close the schools and lots of the roads would completely shut down if any snow fell at all!! (very hilly in Little Rock, AR).
That IS a heat wave.. If they cancelled school for there being an inch of snow on the average year we would be out from October to May! That might be nice.. But good news is that it is starting to warm up.. I think it got up to -22 C today without windchill!!

Bleh I hate the winter too. When I was home for break there was a 126 mph gust. We're not getting any snow this year which is a huge problem since I grew up in a ski town. I used to hate waiting for the bus, I live in the middle of the mountains at 11,000 ft above sea level, and they never cancel school for snow. I feel like I practically grew up in Canada lol!

I love winter because the street looks cool and if it snow too much it will be a problem or else no offence.

I hate winter simply because it's cold and wet. Summer is way better.

Winter is not my favourite season because I don’t like cold weather but It is seems beautiful when everything covered in white snow.

Well I'm not sick of winter because it's summer here, well Autumn just started but you know what I mean. Last week it was over 90 everyday.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back