Parents I have to edit my signature

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

Got a call from one of Beth's head coaches yesterday afternoon. The coaches all met on Wednesday to talk about the girls and all recommended that Beth move to level 9 this year! They want her to do the intrasquad at level 8 and get a move up score, then do all regular meets as a 9. They're going to talk to Beth about it today (and it's killing me not to be able to say anything!). If I know Beth she's be calm and non-committal at gymnastics ("Oh, okay.") but be smiling like crazy once we hit the car. I think the only downside for her will be an extra day of practice--she'll be going 5 days a week now (adding in Thursdays).

And might I say that I love that her coach called me first to make sure DH & I were okay with it before mentioning the idea to Beth?

I did have to share with Sami--my oldest DD. She was all smiles for Beth--no signs of disappointment that Beth is reaching a level that she never achieved herself.

There will be 3 girls that did level 8 last year moving up and another girl that was level 7 with Beth (she and Beth were always switching back and forth about who scored better at meets). So it'll be a fun team :)!

Welll that's a great reason to change your sig. Can't wait to hear her reaction to the news. Love the way the club dealt with it too, it's so hard when the gymmies end up in the middle of the should I, shouldn't I.

Woowee!! That's awesome news! You must be so proud of how hard she's worked to get here, and so fast!

I can't wait to hear about her response to the big news:D

Woohoo!! Congrats to her. And that was awesome of the coach to check with you guys first before telling her. Can't wait to hear all her meet reports!

WOW! Great news on all levels (get the pun :D): the move-up, the way the coaches approached it, the team members, an awesomely supportive sibling . . . :) (We have children who are each other's biggest fans, along with dh and me and my parents. I always wonder, though, how they would react if involved in the same activity. I like to think they'd be as supportive and self-confident as your older dd. Good for her!)

Please share her reaction to this fantastic news! And, thanks for letting your CB fans/family be part of the "secret." ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Great NEWS!! She has worked hard for it. I can't wait to hear her reaction. When is your intrasquad meet? How does that work? Do they get sanctioned by USAG? Just curious, we have had a judges Mock meet in past years and the girls wanted the scores to count toward their pass-up score.

Wow! Great NEWS!! She has worked hard for it. I can't wait to hear her reaction. When is your intrasquad meet? How does that work? Do they get sanctioned by USAG? Just curious, we have had a judges Mock meet in past years and the girls wanted the scores to count toward their pass-up score.

She was funny when I picked her up Friday--didn't say anything. Then I asked in the car: "So, any news today?" and she got this goofy smile and said "You know, don't you!" Then she told me all about what her coach said. She is excited!

Best of all, I e-mailed her coach and found out she doesn't have to do the extra day! Her coaches think she's doing well enough with the 4 days and she's young, so they don't want to overwhelm her. They'll let me know if they think another day is needed. Yeah!! I had to laugh too--her coach said in her e-mail that Beth had a "cool exterior facade" when she told her, but she could tell she was really excited :)

And this year and last year they've sanctioned our intrasquad, so that they can use the scores for a move up score or to qualify for the State meet. it's not because it's low stress having it at our own gym. Our intrasquad is December 31st this year.

Wow, Level 9!! What an amazing accomplishment! I can't even imagine the hours and sweat and tears that go into making a L9 gymnast. Congrats to her, and I agree, how nice the coaches called you first, although you must be going crazy not telling her!

Wow, how very exciting! Love the cool cucumber on the ouside, but flipping happy on the inside!!!! Glad to hear that her team will be fun to work with, I do think that makes a lot of difference for the girls. Also, she still have plenty of time to work on skills and everything considering the intrasquad isn't until December 31st, that's still so far away (in my book, since my dd has her 1st meet the weekend of 11/21-22).

She's going to do great!!!

How awesome!! Congrats to DD and you for not saying anything. I am not sure I would have made it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back