Parents I just have to say yeah!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd has switched classes at her new gym. They moved her with the jr. team (which is still kind of the same level but with girls more her age and older). She was with the same coach she has had for the last month just with different girls and the class moved alot faster because the girls are older. She was working new skills and doing new drills (nothing to hard, just enough to make it more interisting for the girls). She had such a good time!!!!!:D:D:D I stayed because it was the first class and I wanted to make sure she was ok with the change. She is shy and a little sensitive to change. She was beaming from ear to ear the whole time. I saw her really come alive and warm up more to her coach. Her coach was giving her positive feedback , hugs and high fives for each correction and was giving her physical corections when she needed them (straightened her legs, pointed her toes, pulled her arms up higher when they were out of position). I had the best experience ever watching a class. I knew this was the right place for my dd, and she would gain confidence here. I had to share this because I am so thrilled I am beside myself.

I am so happy for her. That sound slike the best fit ever, good positive coaching with praise thrwon in for fun, all whilst learning to get it right. Excellent!!!!

Sounds like you may have *whisper* finally find the right place. I wish you & your daughter lots of luck! Will she get to compete this year? We have our first level 4 meet next weekend at our gym. Not sure if my DD quite knows that floor routine yet, but she is excited to try. Now if I can just stop holding my breath when she has to do the ROBHS.

Carman, so glad your dd is happy and has found a gym that works for her! Now time for you to sit back and let her fly and enjoy the sport.

Blackie--good luck to your dd and her team next week! You will find you can not only hold your breath for a ROBHS, but also an entire beam routine!!!!

Sounds like you may have *whisper* finally find the right place. I wish you & your daughter lots of luck! Will she get to compete this year? We have our first level 4 meet next weekend at our gym. Not sure if my DD quite knows that floor routine yet, but she is excited to try. Now if I can just stop holding my breath when she has to do the ROBHS.

She will get to do some compeitions in the USAICG forum, they don't start until Dec. sometime. Good luck to your DD at her meet. I'm looking forward to updates on how it goes.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes !! It's still going great. She got her FHS on floor this week, as well as lots of stuff on beam. (They do alot on beam which is a great for my dd it is the hardest event for her right now.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back