I just HAVE to share this Dance Brag!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dani was chosen for the part of Clara in her ballet studio's Nutcracker :D!!!! She is beyond thrilled, excited and just over the moon!!! She was hoping for the part of Fritz and not even expecting Clara at all. And with all the girls that tried out and the number of girls that are a little older than her I told her to not get her hopes up and do the best with whatever parts she got. I was so shocked and almost cried (I'm a sap) when I saw the cast list. I was just so happy for her!!!

The studio does a shared cast list--they have three preformances over the weekend so they split the parts so that someone gets a chance to do a major role/part at each show. So her ballet bff and another friend are also Clara :). Dani also got the parts of Clara's Friend, Dolls that Grow and Chinese--all en pointe! Rehearsals start Saturday!!

Thanks for letting me brag and share this big dance news with ya'll!!! I know some of you with dancing dd's will "get" my excitement!!

That is just fantastic!! Dani has worked as hard in dance as she has in the gym and it has really paid off. :) Way to go Dani!! I hope that you can post some video of her. Would love to see!!

that is wonderful for her !! I would have cried, total sap. didn't you say she is 'retiring' from gymnastics to do ballet. seems to say she made a wise choice !

that is wonderful for her !! I would have cried, total sap. didn't you say she is 'retiring' from gymnastics to do ballet. seems to say she made a wise choice !

Yes--this will be her last year of gymnastics. But, she is a much more talented dancer IMHO. The fear issues don't really play into dance so she doesn't have that holding her back like in gymnastics. I am glad that she has something that she is equally as passionate about to segway into :). Just another reason to not put their eggs into one basket and let them try and be involved in other activities. Cause you just never know!!! ;).

Wow...incredible news! I'm so excited for Dani!! My dd and I always go to see a production of Nut. Please do post a video if you can. And pics of costumes...I bet they are going to be awesome!! Congrats to her... :)

Way to go Dani! I'm with the other posters in wanting to see videos as they become available, it sounds like she's doing incredibly well. And as someone who cannot dance in anyway, shape, or form to save my life- I love watching people that can.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back