WAG I love gymnastics because...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'll go 1st, I love this sport more than anything in the world. It's the one thing I can full trust and depend on. I've been let down by all the people in the world I trusted, however, when I'm upset, I know I can turn to gymnastics and it'll always be there. It's taught me respect, determination, how to face my fears, and so much more. It's changed my life in so many ways, and taught me how to be a better team mate and person.

- I love being so close to my teamates & how the younger girls look up to us

- I love competing

- I love the feeling of standing on the podium or getting a new skill & realizing how hard I've worked

- I love coaching

- I can talk to my coaches about anything & am encouraged to do so

- It has helped immensely with my focus issues (never had a problem focusing at gym just at school/home but the "hyperfocus" is starting to carry over to school/home)

- The life lessons gymnastics has taught me (get up, brush yourself off & try again applies to basically every life aspect)

There was an article in the local newspaper about our team and my coach said the following about me: "She lives and breathes gymnastics. It is who she is." I have never heard something so accurate in my life.

Gymnastics has changed my life, I probably wouldn't be the person I am today had I not set foot in a gym when I was little. It's taught me so many life lessons. It's taught me to face my fears, tough it out, push through the pain, keep trying, always work hard, push myself farther than I think I can go, and most of all, never give up. And, of course, to fly :)

The funny thing is, sometimes you say stuff like "I hate (insert skill or event here) so much!" And a non-gym tells you just to quit if you hate it and you reply with "But I love it!"

I love the feeling you get in the air

Getting new skills and feeling invincible

How the younger girls look at you when you do big skills

I love to compete and show off my skills to the judge

My teammates and the unbreakable bond between us:)

My coach whom I trust with my life and knows me better than my friends at school

I love those hard days, and good days, too!

I love wearing all my gymnastics t shirts and warm ups so everyone knows your a gymnast.

The mothers of my teammates who look out for all of us, not just their own gymnast:)

When you finally decide on floor music!

And what I love most about gymnastics: no matter how much gymnastics can hate you sometimes, and no matter how much you can strongly dislike it, you know deep down, you love it more than anything.

I love gymnastics because it's taught me how to set goals and work hard to achieve them, letting nothing get in my way. Gymnasts can push through and achieve anything we set our minds to. :)

It lets me be myself.

At school I fit in with all the rest of the kids and I never feel like I'm anything special. No one treats me any different than the rest of the kids because I can't really be me. When I get to the gym, all my troubles and problems in real life, disappear and I'm just Danielle, funny, talented, driven, passionate, friendly, popular Danielle who just fits in when she walks through the doors.

Lots of reasons! One big one is it reduces my stress level, except competitions those increase my stress level :p but they also teach me how to handle stress. It has helped beyond gymnastics as I am an anxious person. I used to darn near have a heart attack interviewing for a job and now it is a breeze. I love how gymnastics affects all aspects of your life!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back