i need help with my side aerial

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

ava_54

Hi i have been doing gymnastics for 4 years and having a side aerial is my dream but i guess i wont be able to do achieve my dream :( I have a good cartwheel, one handed cartwheel and a pop cartwheel but when it comes to diving into cartwheel or approaching an aerial my heart starts palpitating and my anxiety pops up. I cant stop putting my hands down even in the beginning. Side aerial is becoming a fear for me. And when i approach it i cant stop thinking about my hands and my legs do whatever they wanna do in the air i cant control them. So i really need help

Have you spoken to your coach about this goal of yours ? He should be able to help you overcoming your fear and to give you some drills.
Is there a pit in your gym ? If so, you can try it there so that there is little risk to injure yourself. Also you can try it from a slighly elevated surface (typically a springboard) onto the pit so that you have a little bit more air time.

actually i didnt talk to my coach yet but i will thank you so much for your advices

You need to be 16 to join Chalk Bucket. You are welcome to come back in a year. I’m banning you now.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back