I need help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Heyy guys i need help! I need tips on my press handstands i cant seem to do them by myself my mom will spot me and im sooooooo close but when i try by myself im not close at all do any of u guys have tips to help me if u do PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me!!!!! Also the cast handstand tips i need the tips so please help thanks!!!
♥Flippymonkey♥

For cast handstands, your best bet to go is to do a lot of modified planche exercises.

planche holds on a floor bar, tuck planche, pushups with your hands underneath your ribs with elbows tucked to side, handstand pushups or substitutes

For presses, practice a lot of handstands and press handstands off a panel mat when you don't have a spotter.

Practicing straddle L to straddle stand is another good drill for press handstand.

A couple of other good drills is actually start in a handstand and learn to control the decent down to straddle L or do them against the wall. Start in a handstand and straddle keeping your back and hips against the wall and go all the way down to where your toes almost touch the floor then go back to handstand. I would recommend sets of 5 until you build some more strength.

Just remember that a press handstand is all technique and flexibility helps ALOT. Just lean forward with your head down slightly and straddle.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back