WAG I think I hurt my shoulder?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! So I think the title says it all- I think (or should I say pretty sure) that I hurt my shoulder.
What basically happened was that last Friday - 3 days ago - I was at practice and we were on bars. I was doing my straddle glide kip on low, and as soon as my toes touched the bar I felt slight pain in my left shoulder. I made the kip and finished the routine but by the time I dismounted the pain left almost completely. I made it through the rest of practice that day with barely any pain, but now that I think about it I should've told my coach as soon as it happened. But the reason I did not is because bars is not my strongest event, and I don't particularly like it either. So if I told him I think I felt that he would've thought I was lying just to get out of that event. Anyways, the next day (Saturday) I woke up feeling just fine but I started to move my arms and whenever I moved my left arm backwards or upwards my shoulder felt extremely sore and heavy. Now, I am usually sore so the feeling isn't new so I could tell this wasn't a normal feeling. I went to practice about an hour or two later (from 10:30 to 12:30) and while swinging bars my shoulder hurt again! I didn't say anything because I wasn't thinkin straight haha. So then Sunday it felt the same way, and now it's Monday and I have practice at 4 and my arm/shoulder still doesn't feel the best. On top of that, right before practice I have to go to the orthodontist and get braces! So today is just not my day and i know that going to practice with a hurting mouth isn't gonna be to great. My mom is an ER nurse but is at work right now so I can't exactly tell her and I wasn't home all this weekend because I was at my dads house. So the point is that I am almost positive there is something wrong with my shoulder because it feel heavy and sore and isn't getting better. Any advice AT ALL? ugh. Thank you for helping and reading this and sorry it is so long!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back