WAG I think i might be done

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jard.the.gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
I think I might be done with gymnastics. I love gymnastics and I would not know what to do without it, I love it and at home, I do feel like doing gymnastics (although I cannot do that much at home). But when its time to go to practice, I just simply dont feel like going, like im too tired to. I know im not too tired, since im not tired on days i dont have gym, and not when I dont go. I dont have fears and if i do get them, my coach is really good at handling that. IT gets to the point where I get nauseated at practice. Its all psychological, i went to the doctor but there arent Any medical causes for me being tired.

I do feel like I wouldnt forgive myself if i quit. I started gym at 5 and got picked for team, I quit after one team practice because I didnt like it and I still havent quite forgiven myself for that. Im scared ill never forgive myself if i quit now. My parents say I should do what feels right and that im old enough to make this desicion, but i honestly dont know what to do.

This sounds for me not like a gymnastics problem. My best friend had exactly the same during the last year of school. It was just to much to her with deciding what to do after school and with the pressure of good exams, handling coaching and training at the same time. She always loved gym, but when it came to practice, she also felt tired and sometimes dizzy (but not, when she did other stuff). From your other posts I think you might be in the same situation. You have a lot going on at the moment, take it easy for some months. It will for sure get better! Still go to gym, maybe not to all practices, but as long as your body feels like doing gymnastics at home, you are not done with it even though when practices are not working like you want them now. I can tell you my best friend stuck to gymnastics and 9 years later she is still competing :) Good luck for you! I think you can handle this :)

Thank you for your encouraging Words and advice! Yes, i do have a lot going on and I am going to change that last year (last year in high school next year)

Perhaps you need a break for a bit. And if you miss it, you'll know for sure. You know you can tease out whether its a case of absence makes the heart grown fonder or out of sight out of mind...............

Or even dial it back for a bit. You can always change your mind.

New chapters are unnerving. Sometimes the idea of the unknown is worse then even a bad known (not saying the gym is bad).

Is there anything new or different you'd like to try? Some things you would like to catch up on or people to catch up with??????

A break is not always a bad thing... and it’s not always permanent. Listen to your body, even if you think it’s physiological: there’s always a reason if your body is trying to tell you something, even if that reason is in your head or you don’t quite know what it is. Hope you find your drive again soon, but if you don’t that’s okay as well- don’t be hard on yourself for doing what’s best for you :)

out of personal experience: i would not stop training during stressful periods like exams or whatnot but just go easy on yourself at practice. do something, something you enjoy doing, perhaps some tough conditioning but nothing mentally too exhausting, and then call it a day. this way you can relieve some of the accumulated stress (stress prepares your body for fight or flight so physical activities usually help elevating stress levels) but avoid getting more stressed by gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back