Off Topic IB homeschooling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mommyof1

Proud Parent
Since our school district is assuming that everything will be business as usual this fall and is not preparing any contingency plans, I am looking into on-line schooling options for my rising ninth-grader just in case. She is currently registered for a full slate of "pre-IB" coursework. Her high school weights pre-IB courses in the grade point average, but not honors courses. I like the CTY on line program and think I could cobble together a pretty decent curriculum to get through one year, but CTY offers only "honors" and AP. She really wants those weighted credits and will resent homeschooling even more if she loses out on them. I'm also concerned that she would not be permitted back into the public school's IB program if she didn't take IB-track courses. Does anyone have experience with an accredited on-line IB program that designates freshman courses as "pre-IB"?

I’ve never known anyone to do IB online. As far as I know you can’t get the diploma online and you can only take the courses online if you’re already a part of an in-person IB program and they approve them. This could be old info- my homeschool officially closed on Sunday after graduating my last student on Saturday.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back