Ideas for a gymnastics-themed bedroom?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momofthreegirls

Coach
Proud Parent
I just cleaned out our spare bedroom, which was previously used for storage. Now I have an empty room, and would like to make a gymnastics-themed bedroom for my 5.5 year old daughter.

I have a few ideas so far:
-Paint or stencil some gymnasts in various poses around the room as a border.
-Bedding with gymnasts on it, bought or homemade (I found some cute fabric on E-bay.)
-A display shelf hung on the wall to hang ribbons and medals

I'm open to any ideas, and would love to see some pictures if anyone here has a gymnastic-themed room.

Thanks!

you could get alot of gymnastics posters with sayings on them to put in your room. My friend wants to cover all her walls with them but i think it would be just as cool for a few here and there with your favorite sayings.

I think instead of the boarder being with various gymnast's, take a picture of your daughter doing some moves and use those pictures instead! That's about all i can think of for now...

I always think quotes on walls are really cute. My favorite gym quote is "I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." ~Nadia Comaneci

In my daughter's room, the walls are slanted, so there was no option of hanging anything up on those two walls. I printed off a picture of an iron outline gymnast (have seen them being sold at meets before and on ebay). Since there was absolutely no way to hang them in her room, I borrowed an overhead projector (old school type) and projected the image on the wall. I then used a pencil and traced it where I wanted the image to be. Lastly, I let Kelsey pick what color leo, the gymnast should wear, and painted her on the wall using the pencil tracing to guide me. I used on shade darker of each color (hair, skin, and leo colors) for all the outlines. It turned out REALLY nice, and she's thrilled with it. It only cost me a little bit of paint.

The pictures below are not great, they were taken with my cell phone....in the dark. She's sleeping when I read this, didn't want to wake her, hee hee. Hopefully you can get the idea of how they turned out though. I painted one on each of her slanted walls.
IMG00099.jpg
IMG00100.jpg

I think this would be really cute in a gymnastics room:
#1 Wall Decor, Gymnastics Sudden Shadows - DGS-1952

Here is a cool idea using that graphic:
http://girlsthemebedrooms.com/sport...l_Shadow_Mural-blick_wall_stickups-sports.gif

Vinyl lettering is getting to be pretty common, you can find all kinds of cool quotes and someone might be able to make you a gymnast or something gymnastics related.

Here is a gymnastics room they did on Trading Spaces for kids that is cute:
http://kids.discovery.com/fansites/tradingspaceskids/photo/season4/401_h01.jpg

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!

i have a tonne of newspaper clippings, photos, posters and other vairous stuff on my wall. it kinda looks messy though...
there is a site called gymnastics genius. they have some great things

start with the colors of the team as your background. Then you could have a silouette mural on the wall using and over head projector trace the image with chalk or pencil on the wall then paint it in with with either shades of one color or go really colorful. If you have even a little talent you could paint in the figures to look lifelike (it isnt as hard as you would think).

start with the colors of the team as your background. Then you could have a silouette mural on the wall using and over head projector trace the image with chalk or pencil on the wall then paint it in with with either shades of one color or go really colorful. If you have even a little talent you could paint in the figures to look lifelike (it isnt as hard as you would think).

Oh I forgot this site you can choose one of their items and do a great job too this is the link to one of the gymnastic themed items

Girls Wall Stickers: Easily Decorate Your Daughters Room with Our Unique Wall Sticker Designs!

Jess's room is brown, pink and purple (bobby jack colors) and she the below Silhouette on her wall in pink with "dream" under it and her team name (from same company) Now that she changed gyms I'm going to order the new team name in a different font and color and place it over the old team - you know so you can still read it. because I'm trying to stress to her that she was still a part of that team and that gym was important to her and changing gyms doesn't change that.... anyway . . . She also has little shelves holding tropheys and ribbons. I have freinds that have their daughters photos blown up into flat heads (that stick ot the wall) I didn't want to go crazy. I tried to do inexpensive and easy to switch around

https://ransom.uppercaseliving.net/...atalogId=&DesignId=1902&ItemId=&CurrentPage=1

for my room i got a picture of someone doing a backflip then traced it a couple of times onto a piece of paper so that they all overlapped, then i drew round them with oil pastels and painted over them with really watery watercolour paint. it looks quite cool

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back