WAG Ideas for beam mounts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all, i have a level 2 and a level 3 team that will be starting their competition season in 2 months. At the moment they all just have very simple basic mounts for beam, which for the level 2s is fine, but i was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for some more unique and impressive mounts for some of the level 3s to add some more artistry and make them stand out. They are 6/7 years old but most are very flexible and quite advanced so im looking for something that wouldn't be extremely difficult but still impressive, preferably utilising flexibility as that is one of their strong points. Any ideas?

When I was a level 3, we did the switch kick mount. It is very simple to the normal mount except you kick your legs twice and it makes it look more fancy even though it’s really easy.

At level 2 or 3??? It’s compulsory fancy doesn’t get mor points. At 6/7 yr old in lower levels much more important things to focus on

At level 2 or 3??? It’s compulsory fancy doesn’t get mor points. At 6/7 yr old in lower levels much more important things to focus on
we dont have compulsories as we are not in the US, they all have to do the same skills under level 6 but they choose their own artistry. They get artistry deductions on beam and floor from level 3 onwards

Maybe some sort of a chest stand mount? It requires a lot of back flexibility, but they still might be able to do it. Or a middle split mount, where you jump up on the beam into a middle split position.

we dont have compulsories as we are not in the US, they all have to do the same skills under level 6 but they choose their own artistry. They get artistry deductions on beam and floor from level 3 onwards
Thank you for clarifying

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back