Coaches Ideas for time delayed video for Skill training.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We currently use An old system to time delay video about 20 seconds for our spotting belts and skills. But need to replace due to parts breaking down.
We have a old Analog camcorder going into TiVo/dvr that goes to our TV.. Tell TiVo to record on AV input 1, Wait about 20 seconds and tell TiVo to play that recording.
What are other gyms using nowadays. The TiVo is not HD and not compatible with newer cameras.

Any advice or thoughts is appreciated.

We use an iPad to record. You can use an HDMI cable to source it to the TV and a Delay Video App like BaM for video Replay.

I wrote an app for this awhile back, though I haven't done anything with it in awhile. If you have a spare laptop with a camera, and know somebody who knows how to set up and run a python script, here's the source code: https://github.com/GeoffreyTaucer/coachtools14
I've been considering developing something similar, except trying to integrate it with IP cameras (either existing CCTV cameras or, if a club wanted higher quality, could use theatre/broadcast IP Cameras). Theoretically could be achieved with just an app on an Apple TV, but I was also thinking of passing it through a proxy first - as most cameras don't like a bunch of clients pulling an RTSP or NDI feed direct. We're in a lucky position, as we do have a server rack & servers at our club for experimenting with stuff like this - but I haven't had the time to start working on this one

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back