Parents ideas on how to fix a leotard?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mommyo2az

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
I just bought my DD a leotard from GK and it arrived with a small hole in the fabric (looks like it might have been snagged with a box cutter). GK has already refunded me, but since they don't have any more of the leo in DDs size - they said I could just keep it. So, the hole is small, and in the crotch area, so if I fixed it, it wouldn't be too noticeable. Any ideas on how I can repair it aside from sewing it? Maybe a patch of somesort from the inside?

I would use fabric tape that you iron if you can’t use shorts.

At our gym they can wear gymnastics shorts so it wouldn’t be a problem.

For holes in knit, I would use a specific fusible stabilizer for the inside (just a small patch will do). FusiKnit is one, comes in black or white. Then essentially darn the hole by hand or machine. Another idea would be to line the area in question with a similar fabric, then darn the hole. I had to do this to a friends daughters leo once when she ended up with weird multiple small holes in the crotch area....just attached the liner fabric to the elastic inside much like a crotch liner and darned the holes, was virtually undetectable in the end.

Can you post a photo of the hole?
. This is the hole, stretched it out a little so it can be seen. I don’t mind sewng it with needle and thread - I just thought there might be something better!

Attachments

• A7F098B5-79F1-4026-95F6-8265B1D51538.jpeg
    A7F098B5-79F1-4026-95F6-8265B1D51538.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 134

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back